Windows 10: Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

Discus and support Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tsuchiman, Jun 15, 2019.

1. tsuchiman Win User

Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

Hello forum,

So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know how I fixed it.

Essentially, I cannot get the volume to change without changing the balance. When I turn it up, the balance is almost centered, but it's obviously loud. The lower I turn it, the more Left the balance goes. For some reason, Windows doesn't allow me to lock the balance, so changes no matter what I do.

I'm running Windows 10, with a ASUS Xonar DG audio card. Any pointers would help greatly.

:)

tsuchiman, Jun 15, 2019
  2. kmattnz3 Win User

Balance in Volume Mixer.

When using several programs that deal with audio i want to have audio from certain programs coming from different sides of my headphones. this should be able to be done with balance but currently there is only balance slider for the entire device. Is there
    any way to get Balance sliders added to the Volume Mixer so different programs audio can be put to different sides?

tl;dr

How do i get Balance sliders on the Volume Mixer

kmattnz3, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Jun 15, 2019
  4. roromx Win User

Volume controls doing weird stuff with balance

In Windows 10, my volume control is doing weird stuff, it changes the balance, and I really only have two intensities, 0 and 100.

When I start to lower the volume from 100 it starts to go all the balance to the right speaker but the same intensity, only lowers when I got to zero, which is mute. so from 1 to 100 its the same volume, the only thing that change are the balance.

My PCI audio card is a Sabrent SBT-SP6C

roromx, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume - Similar Threads - Audio Balance Bug

2. Change audio balance on G935 headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change audio balance on G935 headset: I can't change the audio balance through the Properties menu, because there's no option to. This is not a problem with Windows, this issue has persisted across a clean install. Logitech G HUB does not have an option to change the balance....
  3. Change audio balance on G935 headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change audio balance on G935 headset: I can't change the audio balance through the Properties menu, because there's no option to. This is not a problem with Windows, this issue has persisted across a clean install. Logitech G HUB does not have an option to change the balance....
  4. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  5. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  6. Audio balance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio balance: Simple question really: where can I find the audio balance just simple stereo balance between left&right slider in the Settings panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-balance/dd0cc330-2a2e-4426-b247-6dcbc6b23415
  7. Volume balance resets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume balance resets: When I turn volume down to 0 Windows 10 looses balance settings!!Same as issue from 6years ago!https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/speaker-balance-resets-when-volume-is-turned-down/d3331dcb-a788-4b30-8ccf-7b4175ad76feFancy UI but basic...
  8. Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones: Hi everyone, I'm here asking for help again. I am hearing impaired, which means I can barely hear in my left. I have a set of Steelseries Arctis 7, which I am using wirelessly through a wireless hub that was included in my purchase. The problem is, it connects to my PC...
  9. Speakers balance changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers balance changes: I have computer speakers that are going through some balancing acts whereby when playing video online the right speaker will stop playing. I get off video or news, etc. or offline, and testing through the Realtek audio manager/controller the left speaker goes out. Testing...
  10. Any programs or fix to change the audio balance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any programs or fix to change the audio balance?: I have a corsair void pro rgb, and have the latest iCue software and firmware. I do not have audio balance nor audio enhancements in the headset's playback properties in windows, and never had such. iCue has no settings regarding this. submitted by /u/pugaviator [link]...