Windows 10: Audio balance on per app basis

Discus and support Audio balance on per app basis in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All I want to find a way to control audio balance/ phase on a per app basis. Either preferably from Window 10 directly or alternatively via a third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grasshopper3742, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Audio balance on per app basis

Hi All

I want to find a way to control audio balance/ phase on a per app basis. Either preferably from Window 10 directly or alternatively via a third party app.

As a person who regularly uses a screen reader software and video conferencing, sottphone communications program simultaneously it would be good to arrive at a solution where I can have audio for different program balanced left or right, an example of what I mean would be as follows.

* Right ear has audio from screen reader like Narrator or NVDA (non visual desktop access; Not NVIDA the graphics card manufacturer)

* Left ear has audio from Zoom video conference or audio from a phone call via a softphone on the PC.

Having audio from two separate sources into one ear if using a mono headset or both ear If using a stereo headset can be very challenging when discussing very technical issues and reviewing notes or reading documents simultaneously. This would be made somewhat easier if I could separate the audio streams of different programs to go to the left or right channels.

After a great deal of googling and a call to the Microsoft disability answer desk I have as yet to find anything the even comes remotely close giving me this ability. Oddly the volume mixer in Widows Vista allowed for balance adjustment on a per app basis.

During my search I have found an abundance of things the will allow me to control volume on a per app basis but there is no balance control except for total sound output balance ie. all or nothing.

I am hoping that someone here has come across a way of achieving this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in solving this issue.

:)

grasshopper3742, Dec 16, 2018

2. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Audio Balance

This has audio level but not left/right balance.

Hemal Pandya, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Audio balance on per app basis

Audio Balance

How do I set audio balance with Windows 10?

WilliamPabst, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Audio balance on per app basis

1. Audio balance on per app basis - Similar Threads - Audio balance per

2. Set language on a per App basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set language on a per App basis: Hello, I am a new Windows 11 user and a multi-language user. It happens very often that I work in MS Word with e.g. Greek and search in the Internet with e.g. English - this example is mostly typical, as the keyboards are completely different. By working like this, I need to...
  3. Set language on a per App basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set language on a per App basis: Hello, I am a new Windows 11 user and a multi-language user. It happens very often that I work in MS Word with e.g. Greek and search in the Internet with e.g. English - this example is mostly typical, as the keyboards are completely different. By working like this, I need to...
  4. Audio balance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio balance: Simple question really: where can I find the audio balance just simple stereo balance between left&right slider in the Settings panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-balance/dd0cc330-2a2e-4426-b247-6dcbc6b23415
  5. Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?: I've googled but can't find any kind of driver/application that lets you choose the left-right balance of specific applications in Windows. For example, I might have two meetings going on and want one app (like Slack for example) to be towards the left more and another (Zoom...
  6. Audio Balance Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Balance Issue: [ATTACH] Always resets to this in windows 10 on boot, any idea how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/blxktv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls4ajf/audio_balance_issue/
  7. Install any software on a per user basis

Install any software on a per user basis: My question is simple. I have around 20 users who use a computer. I want to install some softwares for all the users and some only on specific users. How can i do this? submitted by /u/GadiyaBhushan [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio Balance Issue

Audio Balance Issue: My bluetooth earbuds are physically broken (right side is louder than left) an I'm trying to balance the audio to fic this on my PC. I know where the balance option is (sound>sound control panel>properties>levels>balance) however when I drag either only the left or only the...
  9. Unbalanced Audio / Auto Balanced Audio

Unbalanced Audio / Auto Balanced Audio: I am having trouble with my computer auto balancing and turning down apps automatically. I want my headphones to be at the same volume that the master fader is at, like in the pic with the airpods. I have to turn up apps when I launch them when using my headphones. I've...
  10. Audio balance issue in the headphone

Audio balance issue in the headphone: Salut Am luat pc ..mi-am luat licenta..casti bune..totul bine si frumos dar cand filmez pe pc se aude muzica de fundal in casti dar vocea doar in casca stanga...asa e si pe filmare...ce pot face? Moderator Edit: Translation: Hello I took the pc ..I got my license..good...