Windows 10: Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer

Discus and support Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My current volume level is 67%, Using the volume mixer, If I move it up a to 100% or even just a littlet bit, either below 67% or above 67% my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D.Romano, Jun 19, 2020.

1. D.Romano Win User

Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer

My current volume level is 67%, Using the volume mixer, If I move it up a to 100% or even just a littlet bit, either below 67% or above 67% my audio will disappear althoger. Restarting the pc does not help. Reinstalling realtek drivers fixes the issue but If I change the volume from the volume mixer again, then the problem will repeat.

Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer 29ee9e33-534e-4b80-8bd5-abd7d3cc0ea7?upload=true.png

:)

D.Romano, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Tjeros Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer

How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer

1. Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer - Similar Threads - Audio become muted

2. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  3. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  4. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer: I've muted a messagging application while doing screen recordings and when I wanted to unmute the app, it just went missing completely from the Volume Mixer. I couldn't find it in the volume mixer and when I got new messages it won't show up in there either.There is no...
  5. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer: I've muted a messagging application while doing screen recordings and when I wanted to unmute the app, it just went missing completely from the Volume Mixer. I couldn't find it in the volume mixer and when I got new messages it won't show up in there either.There is no...
  6. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  8. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  9. how do adjust the volume mixer

in Cortana
    how do adjust the volume mixer: how do i increase the volume on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-adjust-the-volume-mixer/6e3ea4d6-d53d-4b46-8145-8b3cb4536875
  10. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...