Windows 10: audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart

Discus and support audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever im talking to my friend on discord, my audio will out of no where become robotic and laggy. it’ll go away when i restart but then it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goated23, Jul 23, 2020.

1. audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart

Whenever im talking to my friend on discord, my audio will out of no where become robotic and laggy. it’ll go away when i restart but then it will happen again later. anyone got a fix???

submitted by /u/goated23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goated23, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Jul 30, 2020

3. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Audio Problems - Robotic Sounds.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on
      Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 30, 2020
  5. Audio Problems - Robotic Sounds.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on
      Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 30, 2020
  6. audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2020
  7. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart

1. audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart - Similar Threads - audio becomes robotic

2. my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it: my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-flickering-when-i-turn-it-on-but/da70d033-10dd-4ec2-8273-8b3d4d3f3915
  3. my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it: my laptop keeps flickering when i turn it on but it goes away when i restarted it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-flickering-when-i-turn-it-on-but/da70d033-10dd-4ec2-8273-8b3d4d3f3915
  4. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  5. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  6. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  8. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...
  9. Game Freeezes and Audio robotic when freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Freeezes and Audio robotic when freezing: Hello, recently I've been on Windows 10 Pro x64 bit, I did a clean install after the free upgrade and loving 10 so far.. I've been playing tons of my regular games.. Battlefield 4, ArmA 3/ ArmA 2 DayZ Mod ( OverPoch ) , Insurgency, etc.. mostly FPS and survival games.....
  10. Cortana goes away

Cortana goes away: I've been running Windows 10 for about a week and I enjoy the quick access to Bing search. But frequently, usually after an overnight hibernation, Cortana simply becomes "unavailable". I click on the box and nothing happens! I have to reboot the machine to get it working...