Windows 10: Audio being really quiet even at max volume

Discus and support Audio being really quiet even at max volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My audio, even what at max, being really quiet for some reason. I know its not my speakers because if i mute and unmute it goes back to normal for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/feral_minds, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Audio being really quiet even at max volume

My audio, even what at max, being really quiet for some reason. I know its not my speakers because if i mute and unmute it goes back to normal for a few seconds. Ive reinstalled my drivers multiple times with so change, its really annoying and i dont know how to fix it.

submitted by /u/feral_minds
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/feral_minds, Jun 28, 2020
  2. SinS1 Win User

Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume

Please help, this is getting really frustrating and I think it's getting worse because now I can barely hear despite having my volume all the way up to 100%. I have a windows 10 laptop on Samsung computer, I am using razer kraken headset (Realtek(R) audio)
    and that's all I really know. It's very quiet and I've tried a lot of things.

SinS1, Jun 28, 2020
  3. zmh786 Win User
    N96 Ringtone is really quiet even when MAX setting is chosen

The speakers are fine as it plays music normally really loudly, even when im chosing ringtones in the profile section the previews are very loud. But when someone rings me, it is very very quiet!!! (however the message tone is very loud)... its just the
    pesky voice call ringtone that is uber quiet. And the profile is on general with the highest volume setting.

Please help.

Thanks

zmh786, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Audio being really quiet even at max volume

Windows 10 maxes out volume sometimes

I got the same problem and installing new software is not helping. I got Asus T100HA notebook. My sound devices listed in the device manager are: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec. As mentioned above, when watching youtube or a movie
    on VLC, after hiting pause and play again, the volume is maxed out which is kinda unpleasent for ears especially when I am using headphones. Then /i quickly have to move volume buttons on the notebook to lower the volume. What is weird is that while usually
    one click is 2% volume, it is always one click after this auto volume maxing to move the volmy back to my desired level like 12. So that may suggest that according to the volume indicator it is not maxed out and touching the buttons refreshs the setting. Either
    way it is extremly annoying. Maybe we should sue somebody for hearing damage?

Patrickzamorski, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Audio being really quiet even at max volume

1. Audio being really quiet even at max volume - Similar Threads - Audio being really

2. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  3. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  4. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  5. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  6. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  7. microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.: i have a line in mic that is just too quiet even when i set the volume boost to max. is there any software, things i can use to make it louder?...
  8. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...
  9. Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB: I tested it on my phone (android) and manjaro linux in dualboot and it seems that the earphones work 100% correctly and it's the system which causes these problems, I tried turning different options in Realtek HD Audio Manager and nothing helped me, I also don't think I could...
  10. Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume: Please help, this is getting really frustrating and I think it's getting worse because now I can barely hear despite having my volume all the way up to 100%. I have a windows 10 laptop on Samsung computer, I am using razer kraken headset (Realtek(R) audio) and that's all I...