Windows 10: Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input

Discus and support Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Razer Blade Pro 17' 2017, I am currently using a UAD Arrow audio interface which is connected through thunderbolt 3 as the microphone input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyProducedIt, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input

I have a Razer Blade Pro 17' 2017, I am currently using a UAD Arrow audio interface which is connected through thunderbolt 3 as the microphone input and output on my pc.​

The crackling/distortion does not happen inside of my DAW that I use for music production, but when I try to use the interface with any other application on windows such as a game or a voice chat my microphone works but it has a really annoying distortion sound.​

I have tried many things such as switching my drivers, switching my microphone, switching my cables, but I came to the conclusion that it's probably the bit depth on the microphone. Once I made this conclusion, I went into the sound settings on windows and found my audio input. There I went into the properties and saw this.​

Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input b352dcc4-eb90-4cce-beed-d6a1bb56cb10?upload=true.png

I was unable to change the bit depth from 32-bit to anything else which is what I think is causing the problem, I tried using different sample rates but increasing it only made the distortion worse. Any tips would help thank you!​

:)

DannyProducedIt, Apr 1, 2020
  2. motormal Win User

Audio Crackles on Windows

I've been experiencing audio crackling on my Windows 10 laptop for a number of months now. It happens most often when I pause an audio source, like Spotify, and then play it again sometime later. I can usually resolve the issue by restarting the audio application but occasionally I have to unplug/plug in my headphones or restart the computer.

I've tried many things:

• Increasing CPU priority of audio applications
    • Reinstalling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio applications
    • Changing Power Options
    • Changing the Windows settings for the sample rate and bit depth of the audio playback device

None of those worked for me.

motormal, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Audio Distortion, Popping and Crackling.

Hi after upgrading to Windows 10, I am having issues with my Audio.

Distortion, Popping and Crackling all present.

I have tried everything and I cannot get it to go away.

I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers and changed every setting I could but I cannot get it to work.

I installed a program to measure audio latency (LatenctyMon).

I am using the HP Spectre x360. On latest bios.

I have had similiar issues like this on my previous laptop, I must just have bad luck...

Anyway the drivers that I found to be causing the problems where Ndis.sys and TCPIP.sys which are both Microsoft drivers which is why I am here. I had a look into this and I believe these drivers were updated to version 6.5 with Win10.

Anyone know a fix for this?

On previous laptop there was an option to disable audio effects, on this the option is not present.

Screenshot showing latency is attached.

Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input b6f4025c-9c8b-48dd-90ed-6680da1059f1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Michael Seeds

MichaelSeeds, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input

Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input

1. Audio Bit Depth Causing Crackling/Distortion to Audio Input - Similar Threads - Audio Bit Depth

2. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  3. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  4. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  6. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  7. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

8. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  9. audio crackling

audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  10. can't change sample bit depth for audio

can't change sample bit depth for audio: hi so i have discovered i can't change the sample rate or bit depth despite what i try nothing will allow me to change it, i have RealTek ALC295 audio codec on a hp laptop, and it has them new UAD drivers and the B&O audio app from HP but i don't see it in there , so not sure...