Windows 10: Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Discus and support Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SG.LDN, Feb 5, 2021.

1. SG.LDN Win User

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Hi,

I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones.

I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4.

The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device.

How can I change this so they are recognised as an audio device.

Thanks,

SG

:)

SG.LDN, Feb 5, 2021
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device' [​IMG]

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

JackDunne01, Feb 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

Hi, what do you see here?

- those are bluetooth too..

dalchina, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device' - Similar Threads - Audio Bluetooth Device

2. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.: Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i reconnected it reconnects as other device and not as audio. I have tried some methods that i have found online i.e....
  3. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.: Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i reconnected it reconnects as other device and not as audio. I have tried some methods that i have found online i.e....
  4. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  6. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  7. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices: My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can...
  8. My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work

My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work: So i have 2 Bluetooth headphones, the Sony WH-CH700N headphones and true free + earphones. The Sony ones used to connect via Bluetooth to my laptop with no issues but recently its stopped working. when I turn on any audio device in pairing mode the laptop registers that the...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...