Windows 10: audio but no video when playing dvd

Discus and support audio but no video when playing dvd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gpigman316, Sep 3, 2015.

1. audio but no video when playing dvd

I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd. My question is how do you fix this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success. The only other thing I can think of is to go back to windows 8, but I don't really want to do that just yet. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

gpigman316, Sep 3, 2015

2. Cannot see audio but hear the video when playing audio files via CD/DVD

Dear Microsoft Support,

I ordered a dvd player, specifically the "Dell DW316 External USB Slim DVD R/W Optical Drive 429-AAUX" from Amazon for my Dell Inspirion 15 computer. I have windows 10, and I downloaded the DVD app.

My problem is that when I put the dvd in, the audio plays, but no video; it just leaves a black screen while the audio plays. When I hover the cursor over certain areas like the play all option on the menu (I remembered where it was from watching it
    on a tv) the cursor highlighting it showed up and played it, but it only played the audio and there was no video.

Do you know what the problem is?

Is this a widespread problem you are trying to fix?

How should I fix this?

What do I need to do?

Has anyone in the community had this problem?

Black Screen, Only Audio with DVD Player- Original Title

NoNameForMe-839, Sep 3, 2015
  3. ASUS Dvd Video Won't Work (Windows 10)

So I put a DvD into my drive to watch on ASUS DvD and when I launch it I just hear sound and no videos come up. I have tried multiple different ways to fix this problem but all have been unsuccessful. Nothing pops up saying that this video can't be played,
    it just plays audio and nothing else. I also have a similar problem trying to watch YouTube on the Microsoft Edge Browser, where only audio will play and no video.

Liam Douglas, Sep 3, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

audio but no video when playing dvd

If your Toshiba Video Player is hardware, do have a windows 10 compatible driver for it installed, if it is software, is it compatible with windows 10?

tcman50, Sep 3, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    All DVD's and bought or recorded ? Looks like possibility might have an older version that is not compatible, try going to Toshiba support and look for newer version for your system, as when you upgrade to Windows 10 this is something you should do after the upgrade check for Windows 10 drivers for your system. Make sure you also have latest drivers for your Display Adapter . http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...bility=Unknown

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Ahh, that's surely no reason to go back to Windows 8.

Yes, I would search a newer version of that player first, too.

If that does not help, I would install VLC media player. Up to now, I have not seen any format, which this great tool could not play.

Joergi, Sep 4, 2015
  7. I downloaded the vlc player and it works great. Toshiba said because I was out of contract they were going to charge me $70.00 to fix my problem and wouldn't tell me anything. I never liked the player to begin with so this was like killing two birds with one stone. Thanks All.

gpigman316, Oct 6, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Sounds reasonable.

If I remember correctly, Toshiba offers the software for download from its website. I would guess that you also could have just taken a version, which they offer for a newer laptop modell and then use that software. However, I don't really recommend that: After all you already noted that you don't like their player and VLC is just working.

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
  9. I actually tried that first but it didn't work. I tried uninstalling toshiba video player and reinstalling straight from toshiba website too. VLC media player is way better anyway, one application runs everything and is very easy to use. Would recommend it to anyone whether they have media player problems or not.

gpigman316, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. audio but no video when playing dvd - Similar Threads - audio video playing

2. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  3. Audio is out of sync when playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is out of sync when playing videos: When I watch videos on YouTube, the audio gets out of sync. This is happening just from YouTube videos. I have tried pretty much everything that I know of to try to correct it. I cleared the cache. I ran the audio troubleshooter. Checked for any Windows Updates. Checked sound...
  4. No audio when playing video

No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  5. power dvd wont play videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power dvd wont play videos: since the last update power dvd wont play vieos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-dvd-wont-play-videos/dc22e730-f6c0-4549-b2a9-f1b6a0538010
  6. playing dvd videos and movies on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    playing dvd videos and movies on pc: Videos on dvd do not play on my windows 10 pc; only files are shown. How to get auto play going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-videos-and-movies-on-pc/3dee7e4c-fc5c-4706-a0b6-ca90a21ea395
  7. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  8. DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-cds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  9. audio ahead of video when playing movies

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio ahead of video when playing movies: audio ahead of video when playing movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-ahead-of-video-when-playing-movies/3bfacb64-9218-472c-aa41-68f1aa29e0b0
  10. Audio to video dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio to video dvd: I need a program that will convert audio files to video dvd or even to video files to burn to a video dvd with menu and titles. Preferably one that will burn the audio to 1500kbps cd-quality (the maximum bitrate of the sound that can be burned with a program on pc i found)....