Windows 10: audio cd

Discus and support audio cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello -- I was able to re-firb an old laptop --- I got it to run win10 /2004 --- I just discovered a quirk in the process -- I am able to read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fpefpe, Jun 23, 2020.

1. fpefpe Win User

audio cd

hello -- I was able to re-firb an old laptop --- I got it to run win10 /2004 --- I just discovered a quirk in the process --

I am able to read "data" cd/dvd but when I try to "read" a audio cd it does not work ----

does anyone know if this is a hardware issue or maybe some registry setting - thanks

:)

fpefpe, Jun 23, 2020

2. Audio CD Burning Error

Hi Ruby,

Incompatible drivers and software can cause the error message that you're getting when burning audio CD. Since you have tried to update the driver to its latest version, we suggest that you
    try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    • Try burning the audio CD once more and check if the error will appear again.

Should the issue remains the same, you can
    perform clean boot
    . Follow the steps under Windows 10 from the link provided to eliminate software conflicts.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Audio CD's as Empty

Easy question. A new Audio CD cannot be played on my laptop. My laptop informs me it is a blank disc. The CD does play in a typical home CD player.

Facts:

• Asus X750JB
    • Windows 10 ~ 64 bit
    • All drivers are updated
    • CD has same issue on an alternate Asus X750JB
    • CD is not a ripped disc
    • Other Audio CD's play without an issue
    • CD not recognized by all programs: File Explorer, Windows Media Player, Nero or any player I download for the internet
    • The Audio CD was checked out from a local library

Dean-Wilson, Jun 23, 2020
  4. ksio89 Win User

audio cd

Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the attached thumbnails. On Control Panel Autoplay menu, on dropdown lists for audio CD and Enhanced Audio CD, there is only "Play (Winamp), when it should be "Play Audio CD (Winamp)", like it is for the other media players.

I checked another PC and it has the same Winamp registry keys for (Enhanced) audio CD handler. However, the "Launch Winamp Audio CDs" box stays checked when I open Winamp again. On this PC, on (Enhanced) audio CD Autoplay dropdown lists, "Play Audio CD (Winamp)" option is shown, how it should be. I've already uninstalled Winamp, deleted all registry keys, and reinstalled it, but didn't have success.

Does anyone know what might be causing audio CD autoplay to not work with Winamp? I simply can't see what is causing this issue and how to solve it. Thanks in advance.

OS is Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 build 14393.576

ksio89, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

audio cd

1. audio cd - Similar Threads - audio

2. My Realtek audio driver is missing even though i already download it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Realtek audio driver is missing even though i already download it: Hello,I have Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3-15IMH05 and I just downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 due to my Realtek HD Audio Driver have yellow warning in device manager and there's no support for the driver in Windows 11 for this laptop. I just download the driver from Lenovo...
  3. My Realtek audio driver is missing even though i already download it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Realtek audio driver is missing even though i already download it: Hello,I have Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3-15IMH05 and I just downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 due to my Realtek HD Audio Driver have yellow warning in device manager and there's no support for the driver in Windows 11 for this laptop. I just download the driver from Lenovo...
  4. My Realtek audio driver is missing even though i already download it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio: HiI have window 10.When I press the WINDOWS + G buttons to recover my desktop, there is no sound recording from the computer, only what's being said on the headphone microphone externally. How do I record both the Display & Audio that's happening on the desktop?Thanks...
  6. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio: HiI have window 10.When I press the WINDOWS + G buttons to recover my desktop, there is no sound recording from the computer, only what's being said on the headphone microphone externally. How do I record both the Display & Audio that's happening on the desktop?Thanks...
  7. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  9. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  10. Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.: I need help with fixing where audio input is coming from. I am using red A10 gaming headset and sometimes, my computer gets audio input from its internal microphone instead of the microphone on my headset....