Windows 10: Audio CD's as Empty

Discus and support Audio CD's as Empty in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Easy question. A new Audio CD cannot be played on my laptop. My laptop informs me it is a blank disc. The CD does play in a typical home CD player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dean-Wilson, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Audio CD's as Empty

Easy question. A new Audio CD cannot be played on my laptop. My laptop informs me it is a blank disc. The CD does play in a typical home CD player.

Facts:

• Asus X750JB
    • Windows 10 ~ 64 bit
    • All drivers are updated
    • CD has same issue on an alternate Asus X750JB
    • CD is not a ripped disc
    • Other Audio CD's play without an issue
    • CD not recognized by all programs: File Explorer, Windows Media Player, Nero or any player I download for the internet
    • The Audio CD was checked out from a local library

:)

Dean-Wilson, Aug 23, 2018

2. Audio CD Burning Error

Hi Ruby,

Incompatible drivers and software can cause the error message that you're getting when burning audio CD. Since you have tried to update the driver to its latest version, we suggest that you
    try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    • Try burning the audio CD once more and check if the error will appear again.

Should the issue remains the same, you can
    perform clean boot
    . Follow the steps under Windows 10 from the link provided to eliminate software conflicts.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help you further.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 23, 2018
  3. ksio89 Win User
    Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the attached thumbnails. On Control Panel Autoplay menu, on dropdown lists for audio CD and Enhanced Audio CD, there is only "Play (Winamp), when it should be "Play Audio CD (Winamp)", like it is for the other media players.

I checked another PC and it has the same Winamp registry keys for (Enhanced) audio CD handler. However, the "Launch Winamp Audio CDs" box stays checked when I open Winamp again. On this PC, on (Enhanced) audio CD Autoplay dropdown lists, "Play Audio CD (Winamp)" option is shown, how it should be. I've already uninstalled Winamp, deleted all registry keys, and reinstalled it, but didn't have success.

Does anyone know what might be causing audio CD autoplay to not work with Winamp? I simply can't see what is causing this issue and how to solve it. Thanks in advance.

OS is Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 build 14393.576

ksio89, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio CD's as Empty

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Audio CD's as Empty

1. Audio CD's as Empty - Similar Threads - Audio CD's Empty

2. Audio CD not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio CD not recognized: Hifirst of all please forgives my poor english since I am not a native...I have this weird problem: my CD/DVD Drive doesn't shows audio tracks of audio CD anymoreAny Audio CD shows only a Desktop.ini file and nothing else it is genuine Audio CD and not custom burned oneI have...
  3. Creating Audio CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Audio CD: I have copied music from an LP and burned it to a CD. The resulting file type is WAV. The CD will play on a computer but not in my boomboxes old but functional. The disk is rotating but there's no sound output. ???Always grateful to the knowledgeable people who are willing to...
  4. Creating Audio CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Audio CD: I have copied music from an LP and burned it to a CD. The resulting file type is WAV. The CD will play on a computer but not in my boomboxes old but functional. The disk is rotating but there's no sound output. ???Always grateful to the knowledgeable people who are willing to...
  5. Creating an audio CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating an audio CD: How do I so select between an audio CD or a data CD in media player& https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-audio-cd/a660e38e-52a2-4fc1-8e0f-f120e687b31c
  6. audio cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio cd: hello -- I was able to re-firb an old laptop --- I got it to run win10 /2004 --- I just discovered a quirk in the process -- I am able to read "data" cd/dvd but when I try to "read" a audio cd it does not work ---- does anyone know if this is a hardware issue or...
  7. Audio CD's not playing

Audio CD's not playing: I have a self-built comfuser w/an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard, using the onboard audio & running 10 Pro 64Bit. When I put either a CD/DVD in my optical drive, I don't have any problems reading documents, opening pictures & videos or starting .exe files, but for some...
  8. audio CD

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio CD: how to listen to audio from audio cd, from my lap top. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-cd/efd99abf-4556-4446-8407-86192ccfd724
  9. Audio CD

Audio CD: Can I record songs on to the hard-drive to re-record them on another CD in a different order if so can you tell me the basic steps I have windows media player and win 10 Thank You!...
  10. Playing audio CD....

Playing audio CD....: I don’t really use optical media anymore. Not so much through choice but we had a desk built by a carpenter with a cabinet to accommodate the pc (which is huge) but it has to go in all it’s sideways to fit. Trouble is we didn’t think through the dimensions for the pop out...