Windows 10: Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs

Discus and support Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ex: My volume is set to 10 when using Chrome but when I open Apex Legends it automatically raises to 28. When I lower it and tab out and tab back in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeerceG, Nov 5, 2020.

1. PeerceG Win User

Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs

Ex: My volume is set to 10 when using Chrome but when I open Apex Legends it automatically raises to 28. When I lower it and tab out and tab back in a couple seconds later it raises back to 28.. I'm not sure if it is because of my new audio device manager that was installed with my new motherboard SupremeFX by Republic of Gamers but i cant seem to fix the problem or know where it originates from.

:)

PeerceG, Nov 5, 2020

2. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The change in master volume won’t affect the volume on your headset until and unless the device is set as
    default. I suggest you to set the headphone as default device and see if the issue persists.

• Connect the audio device to your PC.
    • Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on your headset and set it as default audio device.
    • Exit sound control panel, and check if the issue persists.

Additional Information: Turtle
    Beach Recon 600 for Xbox One - PC compatibility

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 5, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

The driver should be listed in Programs and features as Realtek HD audio driver or similar. In worst case, just try to install the new driver on top. It will detect present driver and suggest to uninstall it, select yes and proceed.

spapakons, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs - Similar Threads - Audio changes volume

2. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  3. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  4. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  5. Audio changing volume when changing apps

Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  6. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing: It's been going on for a while now. whenever I switch to a different application, my audio will either lower/grow or change audio sources or whatever it is. I believe it is audio sources because i compared it and it seems that the audio is the same as when i alt tab as when i...
  7. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing: It's been going on for a while now. whenever I switch to a different application, my audio will either lower/grow or change audio sources or whatever it is. I believe it is audio sources because i compared it and it seems that the audio is the same as when i alt tab as when i...
  8. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Audio Crackle When Changing Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Crackle When Changing Volume: When I slide my windows 10 volume overall a weird crackle sound occurs each time it is changed. If I skip from 80 to 100 to 90 there will be a crackle on each change that lasts less than a second. This also happens when abruptly closing out of the volume and not letting the...
  10. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...