Windows 10: Audio changing volume when changing apps

Discus and support Audio changing volume when changing apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by devonsteed, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Audio changing volume when changing apps

Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything else i could think of. Thanks.

:)

devonsteed, Dec 17, 2022

2. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Dec 17, 2022
  3. patebner Win User
    Audio volume changes up and down randomly

The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread: Redirecting.
    Has Microsoft responded with a solution? Thanks.

patebner, Dec 17, 2022
  4. Audio changing volume when changing apps

Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 17, 2022
Thema:

Audio changing volume when changing apps

1. Audio changing volume when changing apps - Similar Threads - Audio changing volume

2. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.: I've done just about everything to troubleshoot the problem, but Windows 10 keeps changing the volume when I change the window that is in front or selected.Ex. I'll be watching YouTube, then I'll open another window next to my screen, and then the volume for YouTube or...
  3. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.: I've done just about everything to troubleshoot the problem, but Windows 10 keeps changing the volume when I change the window that is in front or selected.Ex. I'll be watching YouTube, then I'll open another window next to my screen, and then the volume for YouTube or...
  4. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  6. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  7. Windows Audio Crackle When Changing Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Crackle When Changing Volume: When I slide my windows 10 volume overall a weird crackle sound occurs each time it is changed. If I skip from 80 to 100 to 90 there will be a crackle on each change that lasts less than a second. This also happens when abruptly closing out of the volume and not letting the...
  8. Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs: Ex: My volume is set to 10 when using Chrome but when I open Apex Legends it automatically raises to 28. When I lower it and tab out and tab back in a couple seconds later it raises back to 28.. I'm not sure if it is because of my new audio device manager that was installed...
  9. Audio volume changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume changes automatically: When I am playing music on Windows Media Player and use some other apps,the sound volume changes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-changes-automatically/3618ca0a-b659-4f16-98f1-eac0e7068994
  10. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...