Windows 10: Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update

Discus and support Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wincelU, Nov 16, 2018.

1. wincelU Win User

Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update

I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I reset my PC via the Refresh option. Afterwards all my software gone (sorry but that is not a REFRESH) and I had to install the Creative Soundblaster Software and driver again. When that was done I realized that now the surround sound is broken. Nothing changed hardware wise in terms of cables or such but suddenly the left rear channel audio is played (with distortion) via the right rear speaker and the right rear channel audio is played via the front right speaker. Stereo/front/center bass channels are all fine.

I have testwise disabled the integrated audio via UEFI firmware (which I actually need for a second output system and it worked fine until yesterday) and uninstalled/reinstalled the Soundblaster driver and software, but the problem remains.

Since it is not the first time that a Windows 10 update screws up surround sound I am tempted to believe that is another such case. How would Microsoft learn about this?

Intel i3-7100

Intel HD 630

Creative Soundblaster Z

Windows 10 Home 64

***Modified title from: After Windows Update Nov 13/14 audio channels in Surround directed to wrong speaker?***

:)

wincelU, Nov 16, 2018

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Nov 16, 2018
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Maybe it is fixed. I just updated to 15063.332. when I click on test a sound, no error .

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Audio channels working

2. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  3. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  4. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update: Greetings! I use a JBL T500BT Bluetooth, both for multimedia audio/video and calls. This device was working great - untilthis update happened. Now the device works only as a "hands-free AG Audio" - which means that every time I try to listen to music, it is impossible:...
  6. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working properly: Hello. I have some issues with my audio lately. I tried talking to someone through laptop mic and headphone mic, but the listener kept complaining about the voice super low pitch, inaudible, choppy. So, I thought there must be something wrong with the microphone but then I...
  7. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly: Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times. Initially, all audio had reduced volume and...
  8. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working properly: So my audio is weird, it randomly stops working. And i troubleshooted the sound and it said it was a audio drive probleme. To get my sound back i need to turn of my pc and wait some minutes or uninstall my audio driver and restart my pc to install it again and if im lucky its...
  9. Audio not working properly after Windows update

Audio not working properly after Windows update: The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out. I've uninstalled drivers and re-installed Asus's stock driver for it, and I've even gone into the HD Audio Manager to make sure Loudness Equalization was in....
  10. Audio Not Working Properly

Audio Not Working Properly: Hello :) For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is through the HDMI cable connected to my monitor. None of the audio jacks are working. Realtek audio manager doesnt appear...