Windows 10: Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW)

Discus and support Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here it goes! I am a professional audio engineer and I am running my DAW (Digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cyorkgo, Nov 20, 2020.

1. cyorkgo Win User

Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW)

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here it goes!

I am a professional audio engineer and I am running my DAW (Digital Audio Workstations) on Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1198). I use Pro Tools and Studio One. I also use two seperate audio interfaces for audio playback.

When I listening to my recordings or mixing or mastering I am using my Orion. When I am listening to just regular audio like through Youtube, iTunes, Media Player etc. I use my Avid Eleven Rack. So in the Windows Sound Control Panel the Default device is Avid Eleven Rack. Under Device usage: Use this device. Under Advance; its set to 2 channel, 32 bit, 44100 Studio Quality, which is the same settings as the Avid Eleven Rack Control Panel. My DAW(s) (Studio One and or Pro Tools) uses my Orion interface (for mixing and playback). Both are connected via USB.

The problem I am having is that it does not matter if I am playing audio back through the Avid or the Orion I get snap-crackles-and pops. I even tried an old Presonus interface and I am getting the same thing. So it is not hardware related, as with the interfaces, it is something within Windows I am guessing.

My computer is an older i7 3770s 3.10Ghz 28GB Ram. When these snaps and pops occur I try to see if the CPU is spiking and it is not. I have tried deleting and reinstalling drivers and it still happens no matter which interface I use. All drivers have been updated. Its real embarrassing when I am playing a mix back for a client and they hear these pops and I have to say, oh, that's not in your record. Its my computer. And I am tired of hearing them and my colleagues say that I need to get a Mac.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or if it can be fixed? I can't even tell you when it started because I have been dealing with this for so long I just learned to work around it because I know it's not a part of the mix. I am planning on building me another Workstation the beginning of the year. But I need to try to fix this in the meantime.

And suggestions?

:)

cyorkgo, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Audio playback

Hi,

There are some reasons why this issue occurs, such as outdated driver or loose cable connection. For help fixing your concern, we recommend running audio troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some issues with audio.

Steps on how to run audio troubleshooter:

• First, click the Start, type Troubleshoot.
    • Then, select Troubleshoot from the list of results.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Lastly, Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to check this
    link
    on how to Fix sound problems.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW) - Similar Threads - Audio Clicking Popping

2. audio clicking popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio clicking popping: this is horrendous and i can not fix it no matter how many forums and YouTube videos i watch, and when it clicks it echoes its own click like a delay and gets quieter but no matter what my audio clicks and that click delays and it does that over and over, i uninstalled and...
  3. audio clicking popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio clicking popping: this is horrendous and i can not fix it no matter how many forums and YouTube videos i watch, and when it clicks it echoes its own click like a delay and gets quieter but no matter what my audio clicks and that click delays and it does that over and over, i uninstalled and...
  4. audio clicking popping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  6. Audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio playback: I have external speakers connected to the mic analog port and all tests work properly. Sound stopped working when connected to a newscast or movie streamed from the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playback/c92e5260-3c25-4e9f-9b6d-474d4bd6b6ac
  7. Brief audio buzzing during media playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brief audio buzzing during media playback: Hi everyone! I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 2-in-1 and I have noticed that about every 10 minutes, there is a brief audio stutter/buzz that lasts less than a second. I have done a virus/malware check and it is all clean and have checked for driver updates on Windows Update,...
  8. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback: I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that i8042prt.sys was also...
  9. Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.

Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.: Hello. I'm experiencing pops and crackling when using an audio interface in my laptop. The interface is theAudient iD14, and I believe it's not a hardware problem with it, because it works perfectly well in my home's PC same cable used, same headphones, etc.. The audio...
  10. How to utilize the 4 outputs on my USB audio interface in windows Not in a DAW

How to utilize the 4 outputs on my USB audio interface in windows Not in a DAW: Hi, I have a Focusrite Scarlet 4i4 USB. It has 4 in and 4 out and I was wondering if there is any way to utilize the 4 inputs and 4 outputs in Windows software. It works very well in any ASIO DAWs but not in Windows software. Is there anyway to activate all the i/o's so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Audio interface click pops daw