Windows 10: Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

Discus and support Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by whatsoever., May 30, 2020.

1. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem came back after few weeks, though this time, clicks occurred much more often. As I don't really use browsers that much, I haven't started looking for solution, as playback of audio files I mean like wav or mp3 didn't have these problems. Unfortunately, recently it spread out of browsers and I also noticed very unpleasant distortion don't really know how to describe that, it's like audio's slowing down and then some little part of it is being cut out to keep up with the tempo - all happening very quickly. At this point I started looking for solutions, but I wasn't do desperate, as 95% of my work takes place inside my digital audio workstation - FL Studio, in which these problems weren't taking place. Though, like a week ago, clipping and distortion got inside it too. I also noticed two more things: distortion and clicks are much bigger in my browsers and secondly, sometimes when the clicks occur, cursor lags for like 70-100 ms. I spent hours working on it, but nothing worked, namely:

- Running Windows 10 Troubleshot audio playback - it suggested me turning off audio enhancements but there weren't any

- Turning off default audio drivers

- Reinstalling Focusrite Scarlett audio driver also no new updates are available

- Changing sample rate and bit depth in properties section - tried all options

- Disabling "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device"

- Plugging headphones directly into the computer not external audio interface - distortion disappeared and clicks were softer still unacceptable because overall audio quality, spacing and loudness got worse

- Trying default drivers NVIDIA High Definition Audio

- Disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I sometimes work on advanced projects that use a lot of my CPU which in fact, isn't that great. Is there chance that I damaged some equipment of my computer? I also came across statement, that if nothing will work I should reinstall whole Windows 10, but I don't think it would be possible as for now. Thank you for your time.

:)

whatsoever., May 30, 2020

2. distorted bassy audio on utube video

distorted bassy audio on Utube video clips. This problem has reoccurred after latest major windows 10 update.

eric_c_davies, May 30, 2020
  3. L. Flea Win User
    PC suddenly slow with distorted audio at random

My PC randomly becomes laggy and distorts the audio for a small amount of time, as if it were in slow-motion. Tried scanning for malware, but came up clean. Much obliged for help.

L. Flea, May 30, 2020
  4. BSausse Win User

Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

Audio distortion in earpiece.

I'm getting a very light audio distortion in the earpiece during calls. It is not so distorted that I cannot hear the other person, but it is noticeable enough that everyone who uses my phone turns to me and asks "what's wrong with your phone?" It is really
    noticeable when I switch to my other phone right after using my Lumia and the other phone is crystal clear.

The distortion is hard to describe, but it sounds like amplifier clipping or a blown speaker - or an odd mix of a buzz and hiss during certain sounds made by the person I'm speaking with.

I have a Lumia 1020 that was purchased on July 27, so it is still under warranty. I'm changing carriers, so I cannot bring it to them for repair or exchange.

Should I try a hard reset or send it back to Nokia for repair? Or, any other suggestions?

BSausse, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

1. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down - Similar Threads - Audio clipping distorting

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  4. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  5. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  6. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.: Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but slows down for a few seconds and sounds distorted like a robot is saying the words. It is not an internet issue, because an...
  8. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...
  9. Video Clip Distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...
  10. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped): On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a fuzz box. However sounds made by an application (Spotify) are fine and clear. I don't think it was always like this. I've...