Windows 10: Audio codec Driver issue

Discus and support Audio codec Driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We have made a SBC in which it has 2 audio codecs. Audio codec is ALC892 from realtek. The processor used is Intel i7 7820EQ. From the processor, 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PruthvirajNN, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Audio codec Driver issue

Hi,
    We have made a SBC in which it has 2 audio codecs. Audio codec is ALC892 from realtek. The processor used is Intel i7 7820EQ. From the processor, 2 serial lines for high definition audio will come for audio codec's. 1st line will be connected to 1st codec and 2nd line is connected to 2nd codec. 1st codec is designed for 5 channels and 2nd is designed for 3 channels. We have requirement of 8 channels simultaneous audio. Accordingly the BIOS has been updated based on verb table of both the codec's and schematic we have made. The BIOS is ported onto the processor. When we tested in the windows 10 platform, the default windows drivers for audio are installed. I can see 8 speakers( 5 channels from audio codec1 and 3 channels from audio codec 2 as expected) in the device manager and sound section of control panel. But I can play the sound individually by making any one speaker as default. We have a requirement of 8 channels simultaneous audio. For example, if I have 8 .wav files, 1st file should be played at 1st audio port, 2nd file should be played at 2nd audio port and so on upto 8th file at 8th audio port, all the 8 files at a time. I will share the verb table of both the codec's and audio section schematic if required.
    Your kind support is very much required
    Thanks
    Best Regards,
    Pruthvi

:)

PruthvirajNN, Nov 28, 2019

2. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Audio codec Driver issue

I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Audio codec Driver issue

1. Audio codec Driver issue - Similar Threads - Audio codec Driver

2. Audio drivers/ AAC codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers/ AAC codecs: For some reason the Window 11 Audio drivers/ AAC codecs are causing M4A/AAC audio files to randomly greatly increase and decrease the volume of a song when being played. This problem did not seem to occur until the 22H2 update and it was never and is still not a problem with...
  3. Audio drivers/ AAC codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio drivers/ AAC codecs: For some reason the Window 11 Audio drivers/ AAC codecs are causing M4A/AAC audio files to randomly greatly increase and decrease the volume of a song when being played. This problem did not seem to occur until the 22H2 update and it was never and is still not a problem with...
  4. USB Audio Codec Issues

USB Audio Codec Issues: I've been using a stereo mixer to record via USB into Adobe Audition and just noticed an issue with the stereo channels. When recording with one channel panned hard left and the other hard right, one channel goes all but silent. When the audio signal is output to an external...
  5. USB Audio Codec Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio Codec Issues: I've been using a stereo mixer to record via USB into Adobe Audition and just noticed an issue with the stereo channels. When recording with one channel panned hard left and the other hard right, one channel goes all but silent. When the audio signal is output to an external...
  6. USB Audio Codec Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. IDT audio codec has issues installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT audio codec has issues installing: Hello,I recently had to do a computer refresh, and since then my audio has not been working. The speaker icon has a red X next to it, and when I mouse over, it says, "No Audio Output Device is installed." When I click it, it takes me to the Get Help app, where I can run a...
  8. IDT audio codec has issues installing

IDT audio codec has issues installing: Hello,I recently had to do a computer refresh, and since then my audio has not been working. The speaker icon has a red X next to it, and when I mouse over, it says, "No Audio Output Device is installed." When I click it, it takes me to the Get Help app, where I can run a...
  9. Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.

Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.: This afternoon I booted up my laptop, started up a game, then connected the laptop to a second monitor, upon which it switched the sound output to the second monitor rather than keep the output as the laptop speakers. The sound doesn't work on the second monitor, so I tried...
  10. audio codec

audio codec: Clicking on speaker symbol in task bar shows Speakers (usbcodec) 100% I have a mixer connected to usb and it is not receiving audio. The lap top internal speakers are playing this is on Acer Aspire E1 531 Help would be appreciated...