Windows 10: Audio comes after a restart only.

Discus and support Audio comes after a restart only. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to begin with expressing my gratitude to Microsoft for providing these wonderful opportunities. My story goes something like this. A few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShounakDs, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ShounakDs Win User

Audio comes after a restart only.

I would like to begin with expressing my gratitude to Microsoft for providing these wonderful opportunities.

My story goes something like this. A few days ago, I got annoyed by my laptop playing the same level of sounds through my headphones as well the speakers. Maybe I would happily let those 'small' problems aside but after getting my ears stunned by a few loud shocks when I forgot to lower the levels before plugging in, I started looking for solution. The game began. For 3 days I kept running around internet forums, blogs and company websites, tried whatever I got into, found myself in a mayhem and began my search again.

I was amazed by the simplicity of the Realtek audio console app provided by default because it didn't provide any functionality, nothing I had nothing to bother about.

I tried to reinstall it, nothing changed. Then I tried to install Realtek audio control app from store. I found it from a tech blog, and also installed the Realtek Universal audio driver as it said HD audio doesn’t work it. What I found is the app doesn’t exist in my dimension and it’s really hard to uninstall the Realtek Universal Audio Driver. But that’s the thrill of using Windows 10.

I tried to install Realtek R2.81 audio driver as it was a popular solution. I found the Realtek HD audio manager that partially solved the problem. Partially, because it didn’t start automatically at start-up.

Well, everything would just about to start going ‘fine’ and the game was at the verge of its end, but somehow, I thought the pending update to version 1909 may magically solved the problem. Then I tried for 2 days and installed the update. I got a side mission there, windows update would just ‘getting things ready 0%’ eternally, which was challenging, I remember. Finally, the third morning, 1909 update was completed and voila! The next level began.

Microsoft is back with a new problem to solve: the audio doesn’t work after cold boot, after a restart everything is ‘fine’. I browsed for some time again and reinstalled the drivers a few times again maybe I’ve done that for 20 times approximately. I also found that scanning for a hardware change in device manager might bypass the problem for that time. I tried, and sending chills down my spine, that didn’t work. Now, I hope to get a walk-through for this level, because despite the challenges from dear Microsoft being interesting, I have other games to play.

From my browsing experience it seemed to me that this problems with Realtek audio drivers in Windows 10 is pretty old and widespread. I wonder how Microsoft attained the ‘Nirvana’.

Model: Lenovo Ideapad 530s 15IKB

OS: Windows 10 Home single language version 1909 OS build 18363.720

P.S. I am having some problems with my WIFI also. I have to try 3-4 times to get connected and still it doesn’t work properly. Sometimes in recent past it did, I remember. When I saw the wireless driver is also from Realtek, I thought it would be better to Never use the WIFI again.

:)

ShounakDs, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 23, 2020
  3. hr0201 Win User
    "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, May 23, 2020
  4. Audio comes after a restart only.

Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Audio comes after a restart only.

1. Audio comes after a restart only. - Similar Threads - Audio comes restart

2. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  3. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  4. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microphone audio only coming out of left ear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone audio only coming out of left ear: Hey, I'm having this problem where when I record microphone audio and/or go to my microphone properties and check "Listen to this device," the audio only comes out of the left ear. I saw a supposed solution was to go into the microphone properties > advanced > setting the...
  6. Audio Only Coming From Side Of Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Only Coming From Side Of Headset: Just recently I bought an Omen laptop, I tried to plug in my headset to listen to music and the audio only came from the left headphone. Later on I did an audio test to make sure my headset wasn't busted and that's when I noticed that both audio channels were being combined....
  7. Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker: Hello everyone, Yesterday I connected my Windows 10 laptop to Sony Wireless Speaker SRS-XB10 via Bluetooth. However, after disconnecting the speaker, I couldn't get any more audio from my laptop or headphones. So far I have tried to check the sound settings, reinstall the...
  8. Audio coming through on only one channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio coming through on only one channel: Hello - trying to edit a video but the sound is only coming out from one channel and we need a 2 channel situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Carol...
  9. Audio only coming out of right speaker

Audio only coming out of right speaker: Hi, I recently bought two Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to connect to my PC. I bought an ONEU super bass AMP to power them as well. When I set up the speakers and connect them to my phone, they sound excellent and both speakers work, however, when I connect them to my PC, only...
  10. Muted Audio After Restarting

Muted Audio After Restarting: Hi, I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm facing a weird problem since then. Everytime I restart my computer (using the 'Shut down' option and turning it back on),...