Windows 10: Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Discus and support Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, the title might sound confusing. But my audio is coming out both my speak and headset but my computer isn't able to read that my headset is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItsJohn1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ItsJohn1 Win User

Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Ok, the title might sound confusing. But my audio is coming out both my speak and headset but my computer isn't able to read that my headset is there on device manager nor audio control panel. I have reinstalled my audio drivers multiple times and still no avail. I am currently on a HP Laptop 15-bs0xx, if that helps.

:)

ItsJohn1, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Wullail Win User

chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

'normally' , for that sort of thing , IF it shows up as an audio device under 'playback devices', you make your game speakers the 'default' device and your headset the 'default communications device'.

Depends if the chat headset shows up in the list though.

Wullail, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch.
    Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either the PC itself or Realtek will detect the headset and mic, but if my speakers are plugged in, the speakers over-ride the headset and the sound comes through them. The microphone works as expected. I cannot seem to find a way to make my headset the default playback device, or to automatically over-ride speakers when plugged in. I have to unplug the speakers for the headset to work properly.
    It's not a crippling issue, just annoying. I'd imagined both speakers and headset could be plugged in and I could disable/enable them in the Sounds menu/Realtek at leisure depending on the situation. If anyone has an idea about how to fix this it would be appreciated. Thanks guys

slipknot603, Oct 13, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset :p

cadaveca, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset - Similar Threads - Audio coming speaker

2. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  3. Audio cutting out on headset

Audio cutting out on headset: I am new to using forums so you will have to excuse me if i am doing something wrong.Background:My headset corsair virtuoso keeps cutting out i hear something for 1/2 a second and then nothing for 4-10 seconds. this process repeats when my cpu is under high load but game is...
  4. Audio cutting out on headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cutting out on headset: I am new to using forums so you will have to excuse me if i am doing something wrong.Background:My headset corsair virtuoso keeps cutting out i hear something for 1/2 a second and then nothing for 4-10 seconds. this process repeats when my cpu is under high load but game is...
  5. Audio cutting out on headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Headset and speakers

Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  7. Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio won’t come out of headsets plugged into my computer: Yesterday got a pair of razer krakens and downloaded the driver software for them. Sound worked perfectly then. Today I plug in my headphones and no sound comes out. The computer detects them but no sound comes out. I tried it with another headset and it didn’t work. I’m 99%...
  8. Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset: My xbox game bar audio output device is set to my razer headset, but the audio comes out of my speakers instead. I unplugged and plugged back in my headset, and restarted my computer. I also tried unplugging my speakers, but then I have no audio. Everything else comes out of...
  9. Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset: Hi, When I tried to use my headset, I plugged it in and no audio is coming from the headset, ive tried restarting updating os and drivers and nothings worked, what do I do in this situation?...
  10. Audio comes out from both speakers and headset after windows 10 update

Audio comes out from both speakers and headset after windows 10 update: Model 27-k150xt (HP Envy 27) with IDT High Definition Codec. I updated to Windows 10 pro from Microsoft when the upgrade was free about 5 months . version 1607 build 14393.576. I never noticed the issue until yesterday. Plug in a headset known to be working fine on...