Windows 10: Audio completely gone.

Discus and support Audio completely gone. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've run into an issue on my desktop where audio no longer works. I initially thought it was a driver issue, so I checked my audio drivers for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matthew_Shackleton, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Audio completely gone.

Hello,

I've run into an issue on my desktop where audio no longer works. I initially thought it was a driver issue, so I checked my audio drivers for updates or problems, but there wasn't any reported issues. I went through a process of elimination to try and determine what had gone wrong.

- I checked the headphones I use on another device, they still worked fine.

- I then tried plugging the headphones into a 3.5mm jack to USB converter, to see if the port was broken, but there was still no audio, suggesting that it was the pc not outputting anything.

- I looked at an audio visualiser, then played some test sounds, and confirmed that the audio was playing.

In terms of attempting to resolve the issue, I spoke to a friend who is quite knowledgeable with IT, and in turn spoke to his dad, who is a retired IT technician. We reinstalled the audio drivers from realtek, which didn't work and also from Asus. We tried rolling back to a system restore point and then tried rolling back to the previous windows update pre broken and still it didn't work.

After trying a few other options booting into safe mode etc I decided to do a factory reset whilst keeping my files.

Once the reset was done I logged in and the audio still didn't work.

This really stumped me, there were probably some other things I tried, but I was at it for about 5 hours yesterday before I called it a night.

Any advice would be really helpful and much appreciated.

:)

Matthew_Shackleton, Mar 4, 2021

2. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Hi there Ethan, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest is to completely remove all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

Make sure to tick the box to delete the driver when uninstalling it.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Please do this on all the drivers listed under Audio and then reboot.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 4, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Audio completely gone.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Audio completely gone. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Audio completely gone.

1. Audio completely gone. - Similar Threads - Audio completely gone

2. Bluetooth Completely Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Completely Gone: Hello, I noticed my Bluetooth was missing when I did not have the option to even enable it off or on, couldn't find it in quick actions, and was hidden in device managers. I followed a lot of threads, and videos on how to fix it and nothing worked. Ended up uninstalling it...
  3. Bluetooth Completely Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Completely Gone: Hello, I noticed my Bluetooth was missing when I did not have the option to even enable it off or on, couldn't find it in quick actions, and was hidden in device managers. I followed a lot of threads, and videos on how to fix it and nothing worked. Ended up uninstalling it...
  4. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio completely gone after new windows update.: So windows does not detect any audio output devices and I have tried everything. I have tried with device manager by adding the drivers and when I add Realtek drivers which is my main audio thing my pc just gets the blue screen. I have aksi tried resetting my pc completely...
  5. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio completely gone after new windows update.: So windows does not detect any audio output devices and I have tried everything. I have tried with device manager by adding the drivers and when I add Realtek drivers which is my main audio thing my pc just gets the blue screen. I have aksi tried resetting my pc completely...
  6. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. D: completely gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: completely gone: I noticed today that I had a few broken Links where Shorcuts to my games are on my desktop. The whole disk drive D: has disappeared. It isn't even being recognized in Diskmanagment so I can't give it a rename and when I do a full search using partition software it doesn't...
  8. Bluetooth Completely Gone

Bluetooth Completely Gone: I really need help, so all I'm gonna do is go straight forward and explain my situation My laptop is an acer aspire, and I havehad Bluetooth capabilities ever since I got it. I have earbuds that work via Bluetooth, they out of nowhere, disconnected, which probably wasn't...
  9. Bluetooth completely gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth completely gone: So basically what happened was I turned on Bluetooth and tried to connect an Xbox controller to it in which my pc slowed down to crawl and I had to sign out for it to be fixed. After this I couldn’t find Bluetooth anywhere. Even on settings i can’t turn it on and...
  10. Bluetooth COMPLETELY GONE

Bluetooth COMPLETELY GONE: The bluetooth on my laptop is completely gone. It is nowhere to be found in the action center, settings, or device management. I've attempted to download the driver, and it still didn't work. I've tried fifty thousand "solutions". HELP!! Some screenshots of my problem below....