Windows 10: Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

Discus and support Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently my audio started crackling and becoming distorted. I fixed that and it went away for a week or so, but for most of last month and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcusCaffery, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

So recently my audio started crackling and becoming distorted. I fixed that and it went away for a week or so, but for most of last month and this month, my audio would either be out of sync, be distorted or sometimes on a rare occasion both. I've tried most of the things in browser and on windows 10 that I could find. System specs are:

Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted. ddff1298-482c-434f-b589-015dcc73b6e4?upload=true.png Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted. 17d923e1-c94e-458c-8622-655a010aff0d?upload=true.png

My windows version is: Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted. 3b6400d0-2b9c-4290-99e3-0d55ecf41b57?upload=true.png

The device is a Samsung Series 3 Laptop model number: NP300E5A

:)

MarcusCaffery, Jun 10, 2020

2. distorted and out of sync audio

looks like I spoke too soon, the problem went away for about 1 week, but has now returned.

Currently I have out of sync audio again... the distortions have not yet restarted yet, but this is also how it started before... first audio out of sync, and then distortions.

Snake Hollywood, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

distorted and out of sync audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing audio distortion and sync issues when streaming online music. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform a Clean Boot on the PC and check if that helps. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

1. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted. - Similar Threads - Audio completely sync

2. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync: I Have This Problem Which occurs in any video I play whether it's on a browser or VLC or Movies&TV Not happing in video games}and also it does happen after playing a video for "almost" 5 minutes and audio is 1 or 2 seconds ahead of the video But it goes back to normal if I...
  3. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  4. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  5. Audio Stuttering and sometimes cutting out completely when using headphones that are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Stuttering and sometimes cutting out completely when using headphones that are...: When I'm using my headphones that are connected to my Xbox one controller that is plugged into the USB port on my pc, when I'm on YouTube sometimes the audio starts to stutter, and then sometimes it will stutter followed by static noises that slowly go away, and the worst of...
  6. audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio out of sync: After the windows 10 update to version 2004, my audio and video are out of sync. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-out-of-sync/f1249390-48f2-49df-a510-504455142e65
  7. Video/Audio Out of Sync... sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video/Audio Out of Sync... sometimes: Hello, Lately, I have been having issues with my video and audio being out of sync. The issue always seems to be with videos from my phone – not all of them though. The majority work perfectly fine and then a selection are out of sync the audio is delayed. When I play music...
  8. Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes: Hi All I have a strange audio distortion problem on my son's Lenovo Ideapad 330S Windows 10 laptop more specification details at the end, that is driving me mad as I cannot see the logic. Basically, whether using the built in speakers or earphones connected via the...
  9. distorted and out of sync audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    distorted and out of sync audio: For the last few weeks I have been having issues with all streamed audio being distorted and out of sync with video. It affects all sources, youtube. netflix etc and happens in all browsers. It doesn't happen with local files. I have tried every solution I found online....
  10. Video and audio out of sync

Video and audio out of sync: I've been having an on-going issue where while streaming online video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) the video and audio become out of sync. I've browsed several solutions from various communities and none have worked thus far. Solutions I've attempted: updating drivers disabling...