Windows 10: Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903

Discus and support Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I had a custom audio config that worked fine in Win 7, but I haven't gotten it to work in my current Win 10 Pro 1903 desktop system, and I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thenin, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Thenin Win User

Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903

Hi!

I had a custom audio config that worked fine in Win 7, but I haven't gotten it to work in my current Win 10 Pro 1903 desktop system, and I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Here's the key part of the config that's not working: I take the HDMI output from my Fire TV Gen 2 and plug it into a sound device with two outputs: One is just an HDMI thru so the video signal can continue, and the second is an S/PDIF optical output. Here's a link to that product:
    eSynic 1080P HDMI Audio Extractor HDMI to HDMI + Optical TOSLINK SPDIF + Analog RCA L/R Stereo Audio Video Splitter Converter

Then I connect the S/PDIF optical output to the input of a different sound box, the one shown here: LogiLink USB 2.0 7.1 Channel Sound Box

This USB sound box is connected to my desktop computer running Win 10. A brief description of my problem is that my computer apparently doesn't "hear" anything coming from the optical link.

Here's what's supposed to happen (and what did happen under Win 7): The sound from the Fire TV moves to the USB sound box, where it enters the computer. An application (specifically, the MEmu Android emulator running the RiffTrax android app) takes that sound and synchronizes it with a specified movie -AND- displays the input waveform in real time.

But now I see nothing on that waveform display, and naturally I don't hear anything either. Note, however, that when the USB box sees optical input, an LED blinks -- and it correctly blinks under Win 10 also.

Would anyone be willing to help me sort this out, please?

Thanks!

ETA: I forgot to add that in the Sound Settings/Control Panel, the S/PDIF device is marked "unavailable" under Win 10, but not under Win 7. This is probably very important!

:)

Thenin, Oct 17, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Win 7 and NVidia overclocking?

Just curious how you Win 7 users are overclocking your NVidia cards. Riva Tuner won't work. Any suggestions?

johnnyfiive, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Hello -- I tried the steps you suggested and things changed.

This is my current configuration:

Computer 1 = Win 10 (1903) with wired Ethernet connection

Computer 2 = Win 10 (1903) with Wifi connection

Computer 3 = Win 10 (1903) with Wifi connection

Computer 4 = Win 7 with wired Ethernet connection

Computer 1 can read and write to Computer 4

Computer 1 cannot ping or read/write to Computers 2 & 3

Computers 2 & 3 can read/write to Computers 1 & 4 but require network credentials even though password sharing is turned off

Computers 2 & 3 can NOT ping or read'write to each other

Computer 4 can Read and write to computer 1

Computer 4 can Not read/write to computers 2 & 3

SUMMARY: Nothing can write to the two computers connected via wifi. The two wifi computers both require network credentials to communicate to read/write to the two Ethernet computers.

HELP

jpbmass_100, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903

1. Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Audio configuration worked

2. Zip file will not work in Win 10. But same file works fine in Win Win 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zip file will not work in Win 10. But same file works fine in Win Win 7: I downloaded a file from Canon for my new printer. I believe the fle is self extracting, but when I click on the file I get the following error message: 'Zip File is damaged or truncated'. When I try the same downloaded Canon file on my Win 7 PC, it works fine. Help,...
  3. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  4. win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 1903: will not work properly with my Samsung laptop and Samsung stated that I need to downgrade to at least 1607. Is this wise? It is no longer supported. How do I do this? Samsung also stated that a downgrade to windows 8 might be needed. The computer seems to work fine mostly...
  5. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  6. Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1903: Can someone tell me why the EOL for 1903 is sooner that 1809? 1903 EOL 12-08-2020 1809 EOL 05-11-2021 [img] 141176
  7. WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809: Hi folks, I need some help/guidance. I have a home network with 8 workstation/PC's and two domain controllers. All but one of the PC's are at 1903 and the DC's are Server 2012 R2. I RDP from my desk into 4 of the PC's which are headless. It has always worked...
  8. WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809: Hi folks, I need some help/guidance. I have a home network with 8 workstation/PC's and two domain controllers. All but one of the PC's are at 1903 and the DC's are Server 2012 R2. I RDP from my desk into 4 of the PC's which are headless. It has always worked...
  9. Configure Win 7 using AIK/ADK on WIn 10?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Configure Win 7 using AIK/ADK on WIn 10?: Working on several projects at one time, and using primarily laptops with not that great support for virtualization, so I am loathe to install a basic Win 7 in virt jsut to be able to use hte Win 7 AIK. In a past tutorial, Kari mentioned that the AIK / ADK used to modify...
  10. win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...