Windows 10: Audio controls and settings changed

Discus and support Audio controls and settings changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a batch of 3 updates, my audio controls changed. The updates had nothing to do with audio. In the audio settings before were speakers through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NobleDarkmoon, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Audio controls and settings changed

After a batch of 3 updates, my audio controls changed. The updates had nothing to do with audio.

In the audio settings before were speakers through an audio speaker jack..

After the update were 4 hdmi graphic card audio connections were discovered while troubleshooting, and no speaker connection.

None of the audio jacks register with the system. However there is power to the audio jacks themselves. The speakers have been tested on my laptop and mobile device and work fine.

Is there a way to either reinstall a driver to help with the connection process if a driver is corrupted, or another solution to help resolve this.

:)

NobleDarkmoon, Aug 15, 2018

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Audio controls and settings changed

After a batch of 3 updates, my audio controls changed. The updates had nothing to do with audio.

In the audio settings before were speakers through an audio speaker jack..

After the update were 4 hdmi graphic card audio connections were discovered while troubleshooting, and no speaker connection.

None of the audio jacks register with the system. However there is power to the audio jacks themselves. The speakers have been tested on my laptop and mobile device and work fine.

Is there a way to either reinstall a driver to help with the connection process if a driver is corrupted, or another solution to help resolve this.

NobleDarkmoon, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Audio controls and settings changed

Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Audio controls and settings changed

1. Audio controls and settings changed - Similar Threads - Audio controls settings

2. Audio controls not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio controls not working: Hi, I have this issue, up until the latest driver update for wifi and bluetooth, I could control the volume both from the buttons on my bluetooth headset, and on the keyboard/taskbar, but since this update, only the controls on the headset itself work, while not adjusting the...
  3. Controller settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller settings: I have seem to figure out my controller issue but cant get any help searching online to change it.first off my issue,My right stick is apparently linked to the left and right triggers.I am using a PS4 controller. I found out this problem after intensive testing and using...
  4. Controller settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller settings: I have seem to figure out my controller issue but cant get any help searching online to change it.first off my issue,My right stick is apparently linked to the left and right triggers.I am using a PS4 controller. I found out this problem after intensive testing and using...
  5. Controller settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...: Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth settings:but also shows up in the control panel as a wireless controller and i don't know how to fix it as it no longer works or...
  7. Can I change Settings back into Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change Settings back into Control Panel?: It's way less useful than windows 7's control panel app with less options, it just annoys me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-settings-back-into-control-panel/0a424de3-723c-42ad-ac4f-99a92b7a95c4
  8. Change audio device settings faster

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change audio device settings faster: Is there any way to make something like an executable that changes the setting (bass boost, loudness equalization, etc.) of an audio device? submitted by /u/Pentakillerr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqwfz4/change_audio_device_settings_faster/
  9. is an aplication made by windows for setting systems for audio controllers ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is an aplication made by windows for setting systems for audio controllers ?: Im trying to set up different laptops, with different windows versions, for different controllers, for playing all kinds of music programs. im wondering if there is an app that can help with all the different settings involved? im going crazy with latency, compatibility...
  10. Changing User control settings error

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing User control settings error: How can I enable full user control without getting a ton of "failed to enumerate" errors after clicking apply? Can't even install printer software to Program Files. Such hoops to jump through, argh. Thanks for any help. 17195