Windows 10: Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

Discus and support Audio crackling and popping after update 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, sound from my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB started crackling and popping after update 1809 was pushed onto my PC last month. I have tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Constin Oddity, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

Hi, sound from my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB started crackling and popping after update 1809 was pushed onto my PC last month.

I have tested the onboard Realtek ALC892 on my MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard and audio plays fine. I have also tested other USB audio devices, a Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury headset, and Sound BlasterAxx SBX 10 and they both play fine.

I notice the USB audio devices that do work are using drivers that use the generic USBAUDIO.SYS driver even the driver installer package from Creative's website, while the Sound Blaster Omni that has audio crackling use Creative's propriety driver KSAUD.SYS.

This led me to suspect it's a driver or software issue, but after contacting Creative, their tech support claims their driver dated in 2015 works perfectly with update 1809.

I'd made the mistake of reinstalling a fresh 1809 thinking it would fix things and now can't rollback to 1803.

Now the Sound Blaster Omni has been relegated to my laptop where it's still on update 1803 and 1809 is still unavailable on it, where it still works perfectly.

I would like to use it on my PC again. If anyone has a solution, please help me. Thank you.

:)

Constin Oddity, Feb 9, 2019

2. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Fai9al023 Win User
    Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

1. Audio crackling and popping after update 1809 - Similar Threads - Audio crackling popping

2. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  3. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  4. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling and Popping: I bought a new PC very recently and I'm experiencing crackling and popping audio when skipping videos on YouTube or sounds in windows and while playing games. I'm using Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and they are connected via USB on my motherboard. I've searched for days...
  5. Audio Crackle/Popping

Audio Crackle/Popping: Hi guys, Just read through a bunch of threads regarding the infamous Windows Audio popping issue after noticing it while changing volume in Windows. However, I started troubleshooting and I am a bit baffled by the results. I've used multiple audio outputs: Steelseries...
  6. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Crackling and Popping: Right so I recorded some gameplay using the Windows Game Bar Recorder, but whenever I play it the audio is indistict due to crackles and pops. This seems to have been recorded since it happens in the same place each time. IS there a way I can fix this? I can't redo any...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping

Audio Crackling/Popping: My audio faintly crackles and pops when I adjust my volume in Windows 10 submitted by /u/JulianTheCoolKid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g98wc9/audio_cracklingpopping/
  8. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  9. Audio popping/crackling

Audio popping/crackling: So after gone trough 3 motherboards, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 pro and current Strix Z390-F motherboard. Iv tried updating every possible driver, even bought Sound Blaster AE-5 sound card, nothing seem to help. I am using latest win 10 version (win...
  10. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 crackling sound

2. windows 10 1809 crackling sound

3. microsoft windows 10 1903 crackle laptop dolby speakers

4. win10 1809 audio crackle