Windows 10: Audio crackling through speakers

Discus and support Audio crackling through speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys I’m having an issue with my audio from my PC. There is crackling on and off that’s very subtle, but none the less very annoying. I’ve tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sordaddy, Mar 23, 2020.

1. sordaddy Win User

Audio crackling through speakers

Hey guys I’m having an issue with my audio from my PC. There is crackling on and off that’s very subtle, but none the less very annoying. I’ve tried all sorts of things recommended online but can’t figure it out. It's specifically my computer, I tried 2 other devices that work fine.

Things I’ve tried:

Tried using my laptop and iphone, both are crisp and clear

Unplugged USB wifi adapter

Unplugged USB bluetooth adapter

Spatial sound : off

All audio enhancements : off

Sample / bit rate – I’ve tried all option but I’m using : 32 bit, 48,000 Hz studio quality

Audio input and output driver updated

Its plugged into the green audio input, I’ve also tried the front headphone input

Everything is connected properly

:)

sordaddy, Mar 23, 2020

2. Audio from laptop speaker crackles

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that starting making crackling noises in it's built in speakers last week. It makes the noise when playing any kind of sound. I ran the audio troubleshooter and nothing was found. I rolled back a display
    driver update I got a few days before hand but it was still making the noise. I then uninstalled the audio driver and restarted my laptop. When it came back on, the driver came back by itself and it stopped making the crackling noises. But tonight it started
    doing it again. I ran the troubleshooter again and it suggested turning off audio enhancements but nothing is checkmarked except "immediate mode". I removed the checkmark but the sound is still crackling.

Goodell Must Go, Mar 23, 2020
  3. CFLAGS Win User
    Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Audio crackling through speakers

Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Audio crackling through speakers

1. Audio crackling through speakers - Similar Threads - Audio crackling through

2. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  3. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  4. Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates: Recently i've had a lot of the updates to Windows 11 installed on my laptop, and after one of them sadly I don't remember which I started encountering an issue with my audio through speakers where sometimes it will randomly start crackling. I can temporarily fix it my...
  5. Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates

Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates: Recently i've had a lot of the updates to Windows 11 installed on my laptop, and after one of them sadly I don't remember which I started encountering an issue with my audio through speakers where sometimes it will randomly start crackling. I can temporarily fix it my...
  6. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones: Hi, I have a dell xps 9550 and recently experienced crackling audio on my speakers with no clear reason why. I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud...
  7. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones: Hi, I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud speaker, however seems to work fine when played through headphones. Headphones is not an issue. Here are...
  8. Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Crackling Audio on Speakers NOT headphones: Hi, I have read the other discussion on the topic of crackling audio on windows 10 however it has not helped me. The audio is crackling/distorted when played through loud speaker, however seems to work fine when played through headphones. Headphones is not an issue. Here are...
  9. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  10. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...