Windows 10: Audio crackling with line-in

Discus and support Audio crackling with line-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So im trying to use audio line-in to replay sound from my console (mainly switch) on my PC but the audio is crackling so it's essentially unusable. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blueYOSHIsrc, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Audio crackling with line-in

So im trying to use audio line-in to replay sound from my console (mainly switch) on my PC but the audio is crackling so it's essentially unusable. Any ideas how to fix this?

I use OBS to replay the sound but exact same issue when I use Windows or Realtek directly to replay/listen to it.

Heres a video of it [SOUND WARNING] - it will suddenly get louder at several spots https://youtu.be/mNA1rs2C0y0

Weirdly enough, this only happens when the switch is docked, sound is fine otherwise. 3DS works flawlessly too. However, it never happens when I use my headset directly instead of line-in through PC which is why I think it's a Windows issue and not a switch one.

In addition, when it's connected as a microphone instead of line-in the sound crackling happens even when I don't replay it and even when the entire system volume is muted. You can even hear it on the lockscreen just after booting Windows up. Doesn't happen when connected as line-in (sound still crackles but you can actually mute it there.)

Audio driver: Realtek | Windows 10 Home 1903

submitted by /u/blueYOSHIsrc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blueYOSHIsrc, Mar 18, 2020

2. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio crackling with line-in

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio crackling with line-in

1. Audio crackling with line-in - Similar Threads - Audio crackling line

2. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  3. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  4. Laptop Audio crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Audio crackling: Hello, my Laptop Audio is crackling whenever I set volume to over 35 or 100, at first I don't think it had this problem, but speaker has started crackling, will speakers get damaged? Now what? 182929
  5. Crackling audio and delay

Crackling audio and delay: So, I've been experiencing this issue for a while now. Everytime I start watching a video or movie either on Youtube, Netflix, HBO,etc browser in general and VLC media player, the audio starts perfectly synched with the video. However, as time passes, I start hearing...
  6. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  7. Audio Crackling

Audio Crackling: I'm hearing this crackling sound coming from my headphones and speakers whenever a sound plays. I've tried other pairs of headphones and it still does it. I've also checked the connectors and wires and they all seem in good condition. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue,...
  8. Audio Crackling

Audio Crackling: Hi, Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle. I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle. What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling. Another problem is that after...
  9. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  10. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it...