Windows 10: Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file

Discus and support Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. I was recently trying to get the microphone on my airpods to work in windows and I downloaded this file per a forum post.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattWolffe, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file

Hello all.

I was recently trying to get the microphone on my airpods to work in windows and I downloaded this file per a forum post.

https://www.computer-process.com/p/h1bn01ww-exe/

After doing this my audio rarely works. Bluetooth is questionable too. I will click on the speaker icon and nothing will come up, then the speaker icon will have a red X on it. Sometimes it doesn't crash and I can connect via bluetooth to my headset, but there is no audio even though sound settings says the headset is the output.

Any help is appreciated

:)

MattWolffe, Mar 6, 2020

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Marek St. Win User

Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file

Bluetooth kills all audio to/from phone Lumia 635

Hi BruceSAllen.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that using Bluetooth connection between your Lumia 635 and your Car's audio system causes issues in relation to audio connection, you're not able to send nor receive audio signal.

In this situation I would advise to try few troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest to try to connect the phone via Bluetooth to another Bluetooth audio system, in order to isolate the issue.

In relation to connection with your Car's Audio System, I would try to Remove the Paired Device,

Settings > Bluetooth, tap and hold your finger on your Car Audio System that should be listed here and select Delete,

and Pair it again after that.

Within the Windows Phone Bluetooth FAQ, you will find a list of compatible Bluetooth profiles,

it's worth checking if the Car's Audio System also provides compatibility with the listed profiles:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/connectivity/bluetooth-faq

If the issue persists in both described situations, I would advise to backup your phone's content and process your phone's Reset.

For more information about backup :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff

For more information about Reset :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

If the issue persists after Hard Resetting the phone, and you've confirmed that the Car's Audio System is compatible with listed Bluetooth profiles, I would suggest contacting the place of purchase of the phone, as the device might need servicing.

Thank You,

Marek

Marek St., Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file

1. Audio crashes after installing bluetooth file - Similar Threads - Audio crashes installing

2. Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing: I'm trying to use the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/bluetooth-audio-receiver/9N9WCLWDQS5J?hl=en-us&gl=us on my current Windows 10 laptop, which has worked on previous ones. It recognizes my iPhone, but clicking Open Connection causes it...
  3. Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing: I'm trying to use the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/bluetooth-audio-receiver/9N9WCLWDQS5J?hl=en-us&gl=us on my current Windows 10 laptop, which has worked on previous ones. It recognizes my iPhone, but clicking Open Connection causes it...
  4. Bluetooth headphones crash audio driver on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones crash audio driver on windows 11: When I connect my Tribit XFree Go Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, the audio driver crashes and I'm unable to stream any videos or music online. On Youtube the error reads "Audio rendering issues, please restart device". My headphones work fine with my phone and another Win...
  5. Bluetooth headphones crash audio driver on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones crash audio driver on windows 11: When I connect my Tribit XFree Go Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, the audio driver crashes and I'm unable to stream any videos or music online. On Youtube the error reads "Audio rendering issues, please restart device". My headphones work fine with my phone and another Win...
  6. After crashing, audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After crashing, audio stopped working: Hi! Today I was using my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly crashed. Afterwards, when it turned back on, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried many proposals from other related posts such as unistalling drivers, updating drivers, checking if windows audio is running in...
  7. After crashing, my audio is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After crashing, my audio is not working: Hi! Today I was using my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly crashed. Afterwards, when it turned back on, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried many proposals from other related posts such as unistalling drivers, updating drivers, checking if windows audio is running in...
  8. bluetooth audio

bluetooth audio: surface pro. Jabra blue tooth audio shows as connected but does not appear as an output device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-audio/f5ac8527-b433-48e1-9b9c-56db845c203a
  9. Windows 10 'No Audio Output Device is installed' after crash

Windows 10 'No Audio Output Device is installed' after crash: I plugged my television into my laptop, using an HDMI cable, to use it as a second display, as I do on a regular basis, but suddenly windows declared it had an error and had to close. When rebooting from this, I've suddenly found Windows is telling me 'No Audio Output Device...
  10. Audio music files crash Windows (1607), even after clean install

Audio music files crash Windows (1607), even after clean install: I'm at a loss. With 1511, everything was fine. Since going to 1607 a couple of months ago, things have gone haywire, as documented in other threads.* Among the biggest problems has been that music files played via players (not online streaming) invariably crash during the...