Windows 10: Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE

Discus and support Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, every time that I open MS Edge while a video or audio is running in any other application or in a another window in MS Edge I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hschuster77, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE

Hello all, every time that I open MS Edge while a video or audio is running in any other application or in a another window in MS Edge I get the following error

Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xd42474b6

Faulting module name: audioeng.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0x9d72d9b7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000e7f3

Faulting process id: 0xfd4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d60f42307fb7a2

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\audioeng.dll

Report Id: 6be136c8-ac6f-4f6f-9660-182ec09ea72d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I saw several people having similar issues, however the options to solve provided in there not working for me.

Dell Inspiron 5530

64 bit

32 GB Ram

Latest Realtek drivers installed

Thanks,

:)

hschuster77, Apr 10, 2020
  2. JaKSLaP Win User

Event 1000 Application Error Faulting Application Name: attrib.exe

Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE [​IMG]

JaKSLaP, Apr 10, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

4. JaKSLaP Win User

Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE

Event 1000 Application Error Faulting Application Name: attrib.exe

i think malwarebytes fixed the issue it found a Trojan.Agent.SVC "svchost,exe

i did a restart after and no more errors in the event viewer, another strange thing happened all the information got renamed to classic. And found on strange entry

JaKSLaP, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE

1. Audio Crashing with error Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE - Similar Threads - Audio Crashing error

2. Faulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe: After updating to 22H2, the Your Phone doesn't launch. Foll. errors are reported in the event viewerFaulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe, version: 1.22082.111.0, time stamp: 0x62fff1bfFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp:...
  3. Faulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe: After updating to 22H2, the Your Phone doesn't launch. Foll. errors are reported in the event viewerFaulting application name: PhoneExperienceHost.exe, version: 1.22082.111.0, time stamp: 0x62fff1bfFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp:...
  4. Faulting application name: SearchIndexer.exe,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting application name: SearchIndexer.exe,: I have been trying to rebuild the search index and it keeps pausing after only about 200 files are indexed. I restart it and it just keeps pausing again and again -- for 2 days now.I ran the system file check and the Windows troubleshooter -- the Windows trouble shooter just...
  5. Faulting application name: SearchIndexer.exe,

Faulting application name: SearchIndexer.exe,: I have been trying to rebuild the search index and it keeps pausing after only about 200 files are indexed. I restart it and it just keeps pausing again and again -- for 2 days now.I ran the system file check and the Windows troubleshooter -- the Windows trouble shooter just...
  6. Faulting Application name LightingService.exe

Faulting Application name LightingService.exe: Repeatedly I get the following Fault: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faulting-application-name-lightingserviceexe/4489e445-2092-40e5-8e52-7d72aaa10d67
  7. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...: Cannot open windows 10 settings.Application crashes immediately.When observing Event viewer:EventViewer->Windows Logs->Application Error event is created every time I try to start Settings either with: Win+X->SettingsWin+X->Apps and featuresWin+X -> Power optionsStart -> type...
  8. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...: Cannot open windows 10 settings.Application crashes immediately.When observing Event viewer:EventViewer->Windows Logs->Application Error event is created every time I try to start Settings either with: Win+X->SettingsWin+X->Apps and featuresWin+X -> Power optionsStart -> type...
  9. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer: Hello, I am using windows 10 with Kaspersky installed on it. Whenever I am trying to run any installer, the exe doesn't load and I receive the following event in event logger: Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting...