Windows 10: Audio cuts on and off

Discus and support Audio cuts on and off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10. Everything seems to work well except my audio. It doesn't matter if I'm on youtube or playing video games, the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gothlander, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Audio cuts on and off

I recently installed windows 10. Everything seems to work well except my audio. It doesn't matter if I'm on youtube or playing video games, the sound works for 30 seconds then off for 1 sec. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Gothlander
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gothlander, Dec 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Audio cuts on and off

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Audio cuts on and off

1. Audio cuts on and off - Similar Threads - Audio cuts off

2. input and output audio cut offs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    input and output audio cut offs: it usually happens when im playing games whether it be minecraft or something else, and seems to be random since in some cases it breaks just a few minutes after starting but sometimes doesnt break. when it happens my device laptop seemingly looses comprehension of what is a...
  3. input and output audio cut offs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    input and output audio cut offs: it usually happens when im playing games whether it be minecraft or something else, and seems to be random since in some cases it breaks just a few minutes after starting but sometimes doesnt break. when it happens my device laptop seemingly looses comprehension of what is a...
  4. input and output audio cut offs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio keeps cutting off on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio keeps cutting off on Windows 10: Hello. Ive been having issues with Windows 10 ever since I switched back to it about 2 weeks ago. For some reason, most of the audio cuts out randomly whenever I'm playing games and using Firefox to watch videos, but it seemed to be most prevalent when in voice calls in...
  6. Audio keeps cutting off on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio keeps cutting off on Windows 10: Hello. Ive been having issues with Windows 10 ever since I switched back to it about 2 weeks ago. For some reason, most of the audio cuts out randomly whenever I'm playing games and using Firefox to watch videos, but it seemed to be most prevalent when in voice calls in...
  7. Laptop audio cuts off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop audio cuts off.: Recently my audio has been cutting off whenever I open up a application different from the one I was using before, an example of this is using browser YouTube then opening up OBS, my audio cuts off, and I can't hear anything even from the application I opened, I use Bluetooth...
  8. Audio cutting off when mic activates

Audio cutting off when mic activates: For some reason, every time I try to use my mic the sound suddenly stops using Bluetooth headphones with a UB400 Bluetooth Adapter, I tried multiple things including: reinstalling drivers, using a different pair of headphones, using the driver from the official website:...
  9. Headphone audio cutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio cutting off: I have a VZ-B802 VIZZ Headphone, everytime I touch or nudge the cord the audio cuts off, I've searched the internet and some says that it might be because the aux cord board is loose, I don't quite understand what to do. I already tried to troubleshoot the audio, change the...
  10. Realtek Audio - speakers cut off microphones

Realtek Audio - speakers cut off microphones: Hello I have a problem with the realtek audio on my computer I have a new 64 bit computer running Windows 10 home. The system has onboard microphones and external speakers that are powered separately. Using the latest version of the the Realtek drivers R2.8.2 the...