Windows 10: Audio cuts out when Cerulian 7 hub is plugged into laptop usb port

Discus and support Audio cuts out when Cerulian 7 hub is plugged into laptop usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have Realtek Technika speakers plugged into my Windows 10 laptop via the audio jack. When I plugged in a Cerulian usb hub to link up extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlixL1, Apr 3, 2021.

1. AlixL1 Win User

Audio cuts out when Cerulian 7 hub is plugged into laptop usb port

Hi

I have Realtek Technika speakers plugged into my Windows 10 laptop via the audio jack. When I plugged in a Cerulian usb hub to link up extra devices there are only two usb ports on the laptop, the sound stopped coming out of the speakers.
    Any help gratefully received...

:)

AlixL1, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Clintlgm Win User

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

I have no Idea, what i suggested you check is the USB ports on your computer ensure you didn't damage them. The Hub you smoked is smoked get rid of it.
    You new Hub is it self-powered? if not you probably don't have enough power going to the hub to support many devices. The flash drive plug it into a port on your computer if it works then its ok and the issue is the hub. If not you can try to run chk disk on it maybe you can fix it.

Clintlgm, Apr 3, 2021
  3. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Apr 3, 2021
  4. m4gicfour Win User

How many USB ports do you use ? ( 7 years later )

Oh boy, ok.
    Uhm on the desktop:

• CMStorm Trigger Keyboard w/onboard USB hub
      • Sharkoon FireGlider Optical mouse
    • Generic USB3->eSATA adapter (for eSATA RAID encosure that the Intel eSATA port repeatedly drops the connection to *Roll Eyes Audio cuts out when Cerulian 7 hub is plugged into laptop usb port :rolleyes:)
    • External USB Hub with individually switched ports populated by:
      • Xbox 360 Wireless receiver
      • Transciever for wireless corsair headset I never use
      • TM Warthog stick
      • TM Warthog throttle
      • CH Products rudder pedals
      • Sometimes a USB flash drive for booting to whatever
    • Aune T1
    • Oculus Rift DK2
    • DK2 Tracker
    • Cyberpower UPS
    • USB A > USB mini B cable
    • USB A > USB micro B cable
    On the laptop
    • Fiio E17
    • X360 Wireless receiver (sometimes)
    So I guess I'm using 18 USB devices, with the game controllers and universal cables only connected (by toggling the switched USB hub ports) to pc (and device, respectively) when needed. 9 USB ports on the desktop populated, one or two on the laptop as required; sometimes a third for USB drive for whatever. I do all my file transfers and ROM flashing over wifi and charge my phone from the wall so it doesn't count. I use a pair of modded ATH-m50 with V-Moda boompro mic connected to the onboard frontpanel audio for gaming instead of the shit-tier corsair wireless usb headset, yet still always have it plugged in but switched off for some reason. Normally I'd have my audio routed over HDMI but renovations and no room for my AVR & speakers.

m4gicfour, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio cuts out when Cerulian 7 hub is plugged into laptop usb port - Similar Threads - Audio cuts Cerulian

2. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  3. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  4. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  5. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  6. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  7. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  8. Audio Cutting out when in Games

9. 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly: I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC running Windows 7, but when connected to any of my Windows 10 PCs I get an unknown device under Universal Serial Bus controllers...
  10. No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in: I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that it could be because I have a USB hub plugged in. Sure enough I unplugged the Hub and my screen shuts down as I have set it...