Windows 10: Audio Cutting out when in Games

Discus and support Audio Cutting out when in Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesY25, Jan 23, 2023.

1. JamesY25 Win User

Audio Cutting out when in Games

For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call won't. I have tried updating drivers, messing in the properties of my headphones in sound settings, and even checking the HD Audio connection on my motherboard. This issue also only just started after I installed a new CPU and GPU into my machine, so I am thinking it's connected. Any suggestions?

:)

JamesY25, Jan 23, 2023

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Audio Cutting out when in Games

Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Audio Cutting out when in Games

1. Audio Cutting out when in Games - Similar Threads - Audio Cutting Games

2. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  3. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  4. Audio cuts in and out

Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  5. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game: Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA...
  6. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game: Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA...
  7. Audio cutting in an out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting in an out: So basically my audio seems to be cutting in and out. I have tested the headset on other computers so I know it's not that. But the weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be happening when watching videos. Only when gaming or chatting. I have tried most basic things that I...
  8. Speaker audio cutting out in games only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker audio cutting out in games only: I have two audio outputs I use, a "Realtek Digital Audio" output going to a headset (steelseries sibera 800) and a "Speakers" output going to a stereo system. Both outputs use the same Realtek audio driver. Problem is, when I launch any game using the "Speakers" output, all...
  9. Internet cuts out when gaming!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet cuts out when gaming!: Hello! Recently, I've been backing off of the video games because of this stupid issue with my WiFi. When I'm on the web or YouTube, everything is fun, runs smoothly, not a problem with disconnection at all. But when I play a game, let's use Fortnite as example, I'll be...
  10. Sound cutting in and out when gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cutting in and out when gaming.: Okay i'm at a loss here. Whenever I am in game (Doesn't matter the game - League, Overwatch, PUBG, etc) I will get random audio cut-out in the game only. All other sounds from other applications will continue but my game will lose audio. (E.g. music still playing in...