Windows 10: Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade

Discus and support Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 touchscreen stopped working, audio isn't working, battery icon doesn't show on the taskbar, and that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martel, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Martel Win User

Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 touchscreen stopped working, audio isn't working, battery icon doesn't show on the taskbar, and that's the things that I've discovered till now. Solutions on the internet haven't worked, Asus doesn't have a driver update for it, Device Manager doesn't even show touchscreen.

I don't know if there is a solution for all this, or is it boding a bad experience and so I should roll back to Windows 8?

:)

Martel, Nov 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 issue with Acer Aspire 5745PG display adapter driver

Hi

I have upgraded to Windows Creators Update and note that the Display Adapter Driver is not updated.

Windows has asked to update the driver which it supposedly did after a restart.

But Windows Defender Security is still showing an error on the Display Adapter.

Has someone come across this issue and found a solution to it, please?

Prior to Windows 10, the screen of the Acer Aspire was touchscreen compliant, meaning that I used it like a touch screen. But after upgrading to Windows 10 one year back the touchscreen was dead..

Thanks

Kind regards,

Ravi

RaviRawjee, Nov 8, 2017
  3. vijaypa Win User
    Lumia 620 software upgrade issues

Hi,

My Nokia lumia 620 with windows8 was upgraded to the latest software (amber, i guess) and after this the touchscreen stopped working. The touchscreen was recently replaced.

* Is there a way to go back to the previous version of software (where the touchscreen was accessible)

* Is there a new upgrade planned to resolve the touchscreen problem.

vijaypa, Nov 8, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Boot into Setup (Bios) under Advanced or Integrated Peripherals. Look for Touch Screen or some such, if it is disabled, using your Arrow and Enter key Enable it.
    Go to the Asus support/download drivers site, https://www.asus.com/us/search/resu...ts&Category=2-in-1-PCs&IsSupport=False&Page=1 find your model # and download any drivers you need from the Device Manager. You may need to update to the latest Bios. If all else fails contact Asus Support.

spunk, Nov 8, 2017
  5. Martel Win User
    There was no option for touchscreen. It's as if the computer thinks there is no touchscreen and no audio chip. This is very strange.

Martel, Nov 8, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    Are there any yellow flags in the Device Manager?
    Under Display, what does it say? Please upload a Screenshot of Device manager with Networking and Display expanded.
    Did you download the drivers for your model from the ASUS page?

spunk, Nov 9, 2017
  7. Martel Win User
    Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade [​IMG]

Also, recent update made it build 1709, shouldn't it be 18smth?

Martel, Nov 9, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

Ahhh, I missed that this is a tablet and not a laptop.
    Is the computer in Tablet Mode?
    To find out what version of Windows 10 you are running, press the Win Key+R and type Winver and press enter.

spunk, Nov 9, 2017
  9. Martel Win User
    I did a new clean install. The problem persists. But currently it's Version 1709 Build 16299.15 (but it's currently updating). Touchscreen doesn't work, whether in tablet mode or not?

Update: no difference *Sad. This is really strange. It cannot identify an Audio chip and says no pen or touch is available for this display.

Martel, Nov 9, 2017
  10. Martel Win User
    Okay after a couple of driver updates for the Intel processors touch is more or less back.

Martel, Nov 10, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    Great! If this solved your problem, please click the Thumbs UP icon in the lower Left under My Computer.

spunk, Nov 11, 2017
  12. Martel Win User
    The Audio still isn't working

Martel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade - Similar Threads - Audio dead touchscreen

2. Asus T100T touchscreen and audio not working after loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus T100T touchscreen and audio not working after loading Windows 10: Lack of available disk space on the windows 8.1 installation meant that the only option was a fresh Windows 10 installation deleting the hidden backup partition to create more space as I did so. However, as many before had found, the touch screen and Audio does not function....
  3. Asus T100T touchscreen and audio not working after loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus T100T touchscreen and audio not working after loading Windows 10: Lack of available disk space on the windows 8.1 installation meant that the only option was a fresh Windows 10 installation deleting the hidden backup partition to create more space as I did so. However, as many before had found, the touch screen and Audio does not function....
  4. Asus T100T touchscreen and audio not working after loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Battary is dead after upgrading to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battary is dead after upgrading to Win 11: I upgraded to Windows 11. Biggest Mistake I've done Now, My laptop battery is dead and won't charge i can only use my laptop when it's connected to the charger stopped being a laptop and now it's practically a desktop. I checked the battery report and this is the result:i...
  6. Touchscreen not working after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen not working after updates: After installed Windows 10 Pro updates my Touchscreen on my Dell is not working. The drives appear to be the problem, but I cannot find the drivers on Windows Update to fix what the new updates caused. The drives needed are for a Dell Laptop for the N-trig Duosense...
  7. Audio dead

Audio dead: someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i cant hear...
  8. Audio Dead

Audio Dead: so i have a laptop - hp pavilion 15-cc129tx i updated to win version 1809 but hp does not give audio driver for 1809 version i started my laptop 20 minz ago . i opened a different user there audio was working fine . i shutdown-ed and started and loged into another user to...
  9. After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead

After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead: My notebook cannot use Bluetooth audio to connect to my home theater after Windows 10 october update. Everything else works super fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-october-update-bluetooth-audio-dead/2c9168e3-2573-41f3-9ad6-84d51fd95424
  10. After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead

After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead: My notebook cannot use Bluetooth audio to connect to my home theater after Windows 10 october update. Everything else works super fine....