Windows 10: Audio Deleted During Reinstall

Discus and support Audio Deleted During Reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reinstalled Win 10, deleting my apps but retaining my files. Unfortunately, Win no longer recognizes any audio input or output devices. Where did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeC48, Aug 18, 2019.

1. LeeC48 Win User

Audio Deleted During Reinstall

I reinstalled Win 10, deleting my apps but retaining my files. Unfortunately, Win no longer recognizes any audio input or output devices. Where did they go and how do I get them back? Thanks.

:)

LeeC48, Aug 18, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Audio Deleted During Reinstall

We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Audio Deleted During Reinstall

1. Audio Deleted During Reinstall - Similar Threads - Audio Deleted During

2. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  3. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  4. Power failure during Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power failure during Windows reinstallation: When i was reinstalling Windows, the electricity went off.When i turned pc on,it shows error-"Windows installation cannot proceed. Click ok to restart the installation."When i click ok, the pc restarts again shows this error again. What should i do now? Can i try...
  5. Deleting hiberfil.sys during startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting hiberfil.sys during startup: Background: I'm having issues with the latest Windows update (not sure what the update code was since I didn't pay attention to that, but I think it was the March 2021 Cumulative Update). For reference, my PC has attempted installing this update every time I shut it down for...
  6. Error during reinstalling system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error during reinstalling system: Hi there, yesterday i wanted to reinstall my system, so i downloaded Microsoft Media Creation Tool, created a bootable pendrive, and started to reinstall my Win10. I finished, my pc restarted and... blue screen appeared. "Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The...
  7. Forgot to delete partitions during reinstalling windows

Forgot to delete partitions during reinstalling windows: Hi, My pc was very slow and there were many glitches so I wanted to reset it. The reset menu said that it couldn't find the recovery environment so i used a usb. The problem is that i forgot to delete the partitions during the reinstall from usb. So do i need to again...
  8. Reinstalling deleted Windows

Reinstalling deleted Windows: While trying to install Arch Linux, I have found myself unable to boot Windows. While I will take this as an opportunity to fully delete Windows and reinstall at a later date, I do have a few questions. To my knowledge, the windows that is/was installed was Windows 10 Pro....
  9. Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?: I wanted to delete a large quantity of files (several TB) and was presented with the "Preparing to delete files...." dialog. Then I changed my mind and cancelled this dialog. Since it was in the "Preparing to delete" stage: Was Windows just discovering items or already...
  10. Reinstalling deleted update

Reinstalling deleted update: I had to accept the automatic installation of the Windows 10 Creators update but didn't want it so I uninstalled it. I now want to put it back in. Is it possible to do this? 86647