Windows 10: Audio Device Always muted

Discus and support Audio Device Always muted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Audio Device Always muted and unable to unmute. And Volume bar is always staying on the deskt[ATTACH]op. Please refer the attach image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SubashDuraipandi, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Audio Device Always muted

Audio Device Always muted and unable to unmute. And Volume bar is always staying on the deskt Audio Device Always muted c67fd04d-b8c2-4f7b-a0cb-3e4d52b140c2?upload=true.png op. Please refer the attach image

:)

SubashDuraipandi, Jan 20, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Audio Device Always muted

Audio sound mute and un-mutes.

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• How long have you been experiencing this problem?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    • Have you updated the audio drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

Method 2:

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to
      Uninstall.
    • Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    • To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Audio Device Always muted

1. Audio Device Always muted - Similar Threads - Audio Device Always

2. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  3. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  4. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mute propagation on another audio device: Hello,I have Windows 10 21H2, OS build 19044.1526.I observed on this build that when I had an audio device is muted and I connect a new one or switch to another device, the mute is propagated to the new one.It is possible to disable this feature?On previous version of Windows...
  5. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable mute propagation on another audio device: Hello,I have Windows 10 21H2, OS build 19044.1526.I observed on this build that when I had an audio device is muted and I connect a new one or switch to another device, the mute is propagated to the new one.It is possible to disable this feature?On previous version of Windows...
  6. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10

OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  8. Onscreen device mutes my audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onscreen device mutes my audio.: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  9. Muted Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muted Audio Drivers: I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!...
  10. How to mute audio when changing device?

How to mute audio when changing device?: Hi, I've got a Windows 10 laptop, with a Thunderbolt docking station, with a USB speaker phone plugged in. Whenever I dock or un-dock, the I have to mute the audio again, which is frustrating. Otherwise I get the "new hardware" beeping for the various USB devices plugged...