Windows 10: Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

Discus and support Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alejandro Rios_101, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device and now I have no audio

:)

Alejandro Rios_101, Sep 3, 2020
  2. DoryIonut Win User

Digital Audio S/PDIF Problem

I have a problem with audio, after upgrading to windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, I installed all the drivers that are neccessary for windows 7. My audio device is High Definition audio device but the only device I can see is Digital
    audio S/PDIF. Other devices that may be disabled don't appear. I installed all of the Realtek drivers for on board audio device. and I tried installing several others aswell but with no luck. I tried all of the solutions that I was able to find online and
    nothing works.

When I install Realtek driver, it won't show up in my device manager, or sound (only Digital audio), when I run troubleshoot compatibility on any Realtek drivers it detects that the driver is not compatible with my system. I
    uninstalled my driver that automatically installs on every boot and then I disabled the automatic driver install, and I disabled automatic updates to prevent auto install of the driver that clearly doesn't work. but on the next boot the driver automatically
    installs again.

The audio doesn't work when I plug my speakers in any port and I dont have front jack on this PC.

my hardware ID of HD audio device is
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F&REV_1005
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F

Manufacter:ASUSTeK P5L-MX
    Audio adapter: Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio [A1]

I totally ran out of ideas, it's 4 days that I'm trying to find a solution to the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

DoryIonut, Sep 3, 2020
  3. kleph Win User
    Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Sep 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

1. Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO - Similar Threads - Audio device detected

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  6. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  7. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. High Definition Audio and DSP missing, no audio device

High Definition Audio and DSP missing, no audio device: Hello, so, after an update, the audio suddenly stopped working. I then uninstalled the devices High definition Audio and DSP Audio and this did not solve my problem. The problem finder cant fix this problem too. Now I dont know what to do. My lapptop is an ASUS TUF Gaming...
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...

My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...: Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used PC and it is actually my first PC. For sound I tried to plug my wired headphone to the SKR audio jack; I use Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device as my playback device; It has sound but even after I maxed out the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Digital audio s/pdif high definition audio device

2. digital audio s/pdif driver windows 10

3. Digital Audio SPDIF driver Windows 10

4. digital audio s/pdif windows 10 driver,
  5. Digital Audio (S/PDIF driver download),
  6. digital audio s pdif uninstall,
  7. only digital audio is shown