Windows 10: Audio device driver problems

Discus and support Audio device driver problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I'll begin with when the problem started. I was on social media, trying to listen to a video on my feed and I noticed a really loud + continuous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tjarrr, Mar 11, 2021.

1. /u/tjarrr Win User

Audio device driver problems

So, I'll begin with when the problem started. I was on social media, trying to listen to a video on my feed and I noticed a really loud + continuous thumping sound coming from my headphones. When I unplugged them, I believe I heard no sound at all. I tried restarting Windows to see if that would fix the issue. Instead, my computer emitted a really loud high-frquency sound the moment Windows started up.

I opened Windows Support to troubleshoot the sound issue, and it recommended they uninstall my audio device driver, which they allowed them to do. Now however I'm unable to re-install that audio driver (Realtek High Definition) back onto my PC; every time I try I get an error message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart." Installing an earlier version of Realtek from 2017 does not work. I click on device properties and I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The request is not supported."

Why do I keep getting this error message when I try to install the correct audio driver and what do I do to fix it??

I have Windows 10 Home, OS Build 19042.867

submitted by /u/tjarrr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tjarrr, Mar 11, 2021

2. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Problem installing the driver software for my audio device: 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' device problem

Thank you very much for your help. I did finally find the solution that worked for me.

I used solution #3 on this Windows help page. See below.

Fix sound problems

Try these steps ( ):

• Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under
      Sound, video, and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
      Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in
      Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver >
      Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software
      > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
      High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.
    Still need help? Connect with a Microsoft Answer Tech

AllenCollis, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Audio device driver problems

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Audio device driver problems

1. Audio device driver problems - Similar Threads - Audio device driver

2. Audio device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device problem: Hi, my name is Sebastian and I have a problem with my audio on my pc, the problem is that the computer recognizes the headphones plugged into the jack, but no audio comes out of the headphones, the speakers work perfectly fine. I have no clue what to do. This problem has...
  3. Audio device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device problem: Hi, my name is Sebastian and I have a problem with my audio on my pc, the problem is that the computer recognizes the headphones plugged into the jack, but no audio comes out of the headphones, the speakers work perfectly fine. I have no clue what to do. This problem has...
  4. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  5. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  6. Audio Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Device problem: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330. It's a few years old, and sometimes the sound goes out. It's completely muted except when you change the sound using the taskbar and it makes the ring noise. Whenever i use windows get help it fixes the problem and always says "Your audio device...
  7. Audio Device problem

Audio Device problem: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330. It's a few years old, and sometimes the sound goes out. It's completely muted except when you change the sound using the taskbar and it makes the ring noise. Whenever i use windows get help it fixes the problem and always says "Your audio device...
  8. Audio Devices Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Devices Problem: So I recently built my first ever gaming pc and thankfully it mostly works. Here is my issue when I try to plug devices into the audio jacks on both the front and back panel, the device is displayed to be connected. I can even select the device to be the one that audio will...
  9. Audio device problem

Audio device problem: I have installed windows 10 Original on my new Dell Laptop, all devices and fixtures are working properly except Audio device, it shows speaker Icon with a red cross on the taskbar, please help...
  10. problem in audio device

problem in audio device: the problem is no audio output device is installed The sound was broken without any reason (I tried to update windows did not change anything) I tried in all ways to reinstall the audio definition however Second problem install realtek hd audio driver failure code 0001...