Windows 10: Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone)

Discus and support Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Have been with this problem for the past couple of days, I noticed the audio is not working so I clicked on troubleshoot and it worked but once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sharpcompet, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone)

Hello,

Have been with this problem for the past couple of days, I noticed the audio is not working so I clicked on troubleshoot and it worked but once I close the troubleshooter or after a little it goes back to not working, I noticed even if I don't do anything it goes on and off.

My motherboard is old and I have never had this problem before, also no newer drivers I think.

P.S. When I go to sound all the output options is gone.

submitted by /u/sharpcompet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sharpcompet, Oct 17, 2020
  2. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Oct 17, 2020
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone)

Auto switch in audio device not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience you are facing with the audio output.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Please provide us the screenshot of the window where you are switching the audio devices. Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile we would like you to uninstall the sound/audio driver from the device manager and re-install it the PC manufacturer website.

1. Press Windows + X and click on Device Manage.
    2. Expand or double-click Audio Inputs and Outputs.
    3. Right-click on the listed driver, and then select
      Uninstall
      device
    4. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart, install the Audio drivers from computer manufacturer website.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone)

1. Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone) - Similar Threads - Audio device switching

2. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  3. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  4. Audio Input and Output Device is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Input and Output Device is not working: Few days ago suddenly my laptop internal audio is stopped working . I can use my headphones just fine, but the internal speaker itself is not working. At first I thought it was a problem with the sound , but after going to device manager , I found out that speaker and...
  5. Audio Output keeps on switching devices

Audio Output keeps on switching devices: I recently bought an earphone which can be connected only through USB Type-C to my Laptop W10 yet everytime I plug it in, the Audio Output just keeps switching from Speaker Mode to Earphone. No error message, it just keeps switching and only get fixed once I removed the...
  6. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices: I have a Logitech BT keyboard and MX mouse, both of which are paired with two different machines. Device 1 on both the keyboard and mouse is my personal Lenovo Legion 7i. Device 3 on both is my work laptop, an HP Elitebook. When I switch the keyboard and mouse from 3 to 1 to...
  7. Switching between audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...
  8. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices: Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is that I can't find a way to switch between the two. Only the Jabra earphones which were paired first work. The Sony speaker is...
  9. Device Not Migrated - Audio Output Stopped Working

Device Not Migrated - Audio Output Stopped Working: So, I was watching a video today. Paused it, left to go grab a snack, came back, and suddenly there was no more audio. I tried reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting multiple times on two different headsets, hard reboot, running command prompt, updating drivers, and no dice....
  10. AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed

AUdio stopped working - no audio output device is installed: How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-stopped-working-no-audio-output-device-is/75f55d42-67d6-44f5-9f5e-df2841327b80