Windows 10: Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

Discus and support Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osushallahx, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy. If you click the sound slider thing, you can select an output device there. Mine just keeps switching between Speakers and ZOWIE XL LCD (My monitor speakers). And each time they switch, the monitor speaker output duplicates itself in device manager.

(As shown in screenshot) Solutions I've tried so far are: Updating Windows, Troubleshooting Audio Problems, Contacting Support, Disabling monitor speakers, Uninstalling monitor speakers.

Any advice / ideas help.

Processing img ttam20pm87k61...

submitted by /u/osushallahx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osushallahx, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Auto switch in audio device not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience you are facing with the audio output.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Please provide us the screenshot of the window where you are switching the audio devices. Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile we would like you to uninstall the sound/audio driver from the device manager and re-install it the PC manufacturer website.

1. Press Windows + X and click on Device Manage.
    2. Expand or double-click Audio Inputs and Outputs.
    3. Right-click on the listed driver, and then select
      Uninstall
      device
    4. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart, install the Audio drivers from computer manufacturer website.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

1. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth - Similar Threads - Audio Device Keeps

2. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  3. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  4. Audio Output keeps on switching devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output keeps on switching devices: I recently bought an earphone which can be connected only through USB Type-C to my Laptop W10 yet everytime I plug it in, the Audio Output just keeps switching from Speaker Mode to Earphone. No error message, it just keeps switching and only get fixed once I removed the...
  5. Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup: My desktop icons just keep jumping from one monitor to other either when I reboot as well when I computer backup from blank screen mode. I tried to unchecked auto-arrange and auto-organize and also disabled allow theme to change desktop icons. Nothing seems to have any...
  6. Audio keeps switching to device that doesn't exist

Audio keeps switching to device that doesn't exist: My audio output keeps switching itself to a device called "Headset Earphone 2- XBOX_360_DEVICE _00:01." The problem is that this device does not exist. I have no idea where my PC thinks this device is attached at. If I don't play any audio for a while, the device goes away,...
  7. webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth

webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth: I'm running Windows 10 and I have a LifeCam Cinema. Whenever I open the Camera app to test my webcam, it always flickers / adjusts back and forth, and never shows a still image. I am dual-booting Windows and Ubuntu Linux. On Ubuntu, the camera works perfectly. Why would...
  8. Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop

Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop: I recently got a wireless GMYLE Universal Aluminum Ultra Slim Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpad for All Windows Android PC Tablet Smartphone ....my phone and tablet don't seem to care about leaving and returning as all I have to do is switch the keyboard off and both Androids...
  9. switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart

switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart: I just got a flip 4 bluetooth speaker and easily linked it to my desktop Windows 10 computer. To get it to play audio from my desktop, I had to go into the control panel and select the bluetooth speaker as the default audio device and then restart (as it did not "recognize"...
  10. Audio Device Switching

Audio Device Switching: This is a problem I haven't found by searching, although the search terms are a bit tricky for this issue. Since upgrading from Windows 7, I have not been able to find an easy way to switch between audio devices easily on Windows 10. What I'm trying to do is switch between my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly changing sound output

2. my sound switching between bluetooth headphones and speakers

3. windows keeps changing default audio

4. windows jeeps awirchinf sound source,
  5. Audio keeps switching from headphones to speakers Windows 10,
  6. my sound keeps randomly switching audio to my monitor,
  7. audio device keeps changing,
  8. Sound devices keep switching