Windows 10: Audio device not recognized

Discus and support Audio device not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so yesterday 3/30/2021 I updated my windows 10 to the latest version and when the update finished and my computer restarted my audio device stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastian_Cornejo, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Audio device not recognized

Hi, so yesterday 3/30/2021 I updated my windows 10 to the latest version and when the update finished and my computer restarted my audio device stopped getting recognized. I have a laptop so every device is internal, I´ve checked de drivers and reinstalled many of them and still nothing. If anyone could help me it would be great. Thanks!!!

:)

Sebastian_Cornejo, Mar 30, 2021
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Audio device not recognized [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Audio device not recognized

Windows not recognizing motherboard audio device

If the HD Audio device only appears in Device Manager as a Hidden Device (it displays with a transparent icon) then, yes, Windows is not detecting the device. Could be the chip failed. But here's a trick that sometimes works....

HD audio connects like this:Windows <===> HD Audio Controller <=======> HD Audio Device
    Your HD audio device connects downstream to an Audio Controller. Sometimes the controller needs to be reset.

Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you find a device named something like "High Def Audio Controller" or "Realtek HD Audio Controller"?
    • If not there, it's the controller that failed
    • If you find the HD audio controller:
      • Right click it, select Uninstall. If asked, do not choose to delete driver files.
      • Reboot. The driver will reinstall and the audio controller will attempt to re-detect the HD audio device. Does it find it this time?

If that doesn't work, i'd also check if any BIOS updates.

ComputerGeek, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Audio device not recognized

1. Audio device not recognized - Similar Threads - Audio device recognized

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  4. USB Audio device not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio device not recognized: I have a usb audio converter device that the company says is self install using native usb 1 audio drivers and they have never had an issue with install. I have tried on my Windows 10 desktop as well as a Windows 10 laptop and the device shows up as unknown but no drivers...
  5. USB Audio device not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio device not recognized: I have a usb audio converter device that the company says is self install using native usb 1 audio drivers and they have never had an issue with install. I have tried on my Windows 10 desktop as well as a Windows 10 laptop and the device shows up as unknown but no drivers...
  6. USB Audio device not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  8. PC not recognizing any audio devices

PC not recognizing any audio devices: Hi, I am new to PC’s and just got my prebuilt today since graphics cards were out of stock. When I plug in my headphones or speakers into my PC, i cannot hear anything and they don’t show up as a recognized input or output device. After searching for a solution I tried...
  9. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  10. Windows not recognizing motherboard audio device

Windows not recognizing motherboard audio device: My computer has been working fine since a few weeks ago when I got it, but last night I booted it up, and Realtek HD Audio Manager failed to load with the computer. I tried to open it manually, but it never came up. I restarted, same problem. I checked on my playback devices,...