Windows 10: Audio device not registered correctly

Discus and support Audio device not registered correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect a Bluetooth conference call device Anker PowerConf the speaker function is working fine, but the microphone isn't picking up very well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NikiG1234, Jun 20, 2020.

1. NikiG1234 Win User

Audio device not registered correctly

When I connect a Bluetooth conference call device Anker PowerConf the speaker function is working fine, but the microphone isn't picking up very well and I can hardly be heard.

In the audio settings the device is described as being a headset or headphones, but it was previously registering it as a speaker and microphone and worked well.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the device removing it altogether, not just turning it on and off and the issue remains.

:)

NikiG1234, Jun 20, 2020

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio device not registered correctly - Similar Threads - Audio device registered

2. PS4 Controller only registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller only registering as audio device: I have reset the controller with the pin hole button on the back, I have gone into audio settings and disabled the speaker and mic though it seems to enable itself every time I reconnect the controller I swear I've done everything. Everyone says in control panel there should...
  3. PS4 Controller only registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller only registering as audio device: I have reset the controller with the pin hole button on the back, I have gone into audio settings and disabled the speaker and mic though it seems to enable itself every time I reconnect the controller I swear I've done everything. Everyone says in control panel there should...
  4. PS4 Controller only registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

8. FM20.DLL not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FM20.DLL not correctly registered: Hello everyone! Whenever I try to open the software GEPath, I get the error "Component FM20.DLL or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I have already registered it in the command and got the notification "DllRegisterServer in FM20.DLL...
  9. registering a device

registering a device: I have a Toshiba Laptop with Win-10 which I want to register. But I can only find instructions for registering an MS or related device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registering-a-device/d312374e-8edf-45db-8d16-5d63412e780a
  10. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9