Windows 10: Audio Device Not Working

Discus and support Audio Device Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio was working fine until yesterday. When I booted up my PC, my headset was not working. When I did a troubleshoot, it said that my audio device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OreoPatil, Sep 9, 2020.

1. OreoPatil Win User

Audio Device Not Working

My audio was working fine until yesterday. When I booted up my PC, my headset was not working. When I did a troubleshoot, it said that my audio device was not connected to my PC even though it is clearly connected. I even updated my audio drivers but that didn't work. My friends say that I might have a corrupt audio file, and that I don't have a RealTek software when they checked it out. I need help please!

:)

OreoPatil, Sep 9, 2020

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Audio Device Not Working

Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there J, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I can suggest is DELETE completely all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

There should be a small box that you can tick to delete completely the Audio driver.

And make sure you remove all audio devices listed.

Here is how to do it

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

FerdinandNanalig, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Audio Device Not Working

1. Audio Device Not Working - Similar Threads - Audio Device Working

2. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  3. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  4. Audio Device not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Audio Device not working: Audio Device Not working,in device maanger unable to find any audio device.Anyone knows what to do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-not-working/c47d1248-1fe7-4a31-bf21-b73755dc0639
  5. Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Device not working: Audio Device Not working,in device maanger unable to find any audio device.Anyone knows what to do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-not-working/c47d1248-1fe7-4a31-bf21-b73755dc0639
  6. Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Audio Devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Devices not working: I walked away from my computer for a few minutes just to come back to it not having sound anymore, I have tried every possible solution on the internet yet I have not found a single one that has helped me. And to Further elaborate whenever I try to test my audio I on my PC it...
  8. Audio device not working

Audio device not working: audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-not-working/4a0eeec9-32c3-4777-bf82-45bd2507fbf4
  9. Audio Device is not working

Audio Device is not working: It's been a few days, but none of my audio is working. I have a windows 10 computer and I tried everything, from reinstalling all my drivers to even rolling some back, but nothing is working. Only "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" shows up, no realtek audio drivers or anything...
  10. audio device not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio device not working.: Ive tried all the steps to reinstall the audio device for my laptop. None of them worked and i am having a bit of trouble with the laptop.I am wanting to know how to resolve this problem where the device works but in other devices it has Intel High Definition Audio with a...