Windows 10: Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Discus and support Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RebeccaPrieur, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Hello,

I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats audio and the only sounds were through the default speakers. The icon for the beats would show up in the tool bar but would say that the device was "unplugged". Well I had to do a recovery and after it was restored to the windows 10 I have no sound. In the device manager it says that the high audio device needs to update drivers. When you try and update and the driver is installing...... It gives a message that

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

A device attached to the system is not functioning

Under the Sound, Video, and Game controllers - AMD High Definition Audio Device and under sound settings it say "not plugged in"

Now, the default speakers say that the driver that is installed MS says is the best one for it. BUT when you click on the driver tab it has no drivers installed.

How do I fix this?

:)

RebeccaPrieur, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let I pick up a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select HighDefinition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... This is important.) And click next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2019
  3. driver update missing for IDT High Def Audio CODEC

How do I resolve this problem of a Missing IDT High Def Audio CODEC?

MichaelTroutman, Feb 17, 2019
  4. borghenry Win User

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Windows 10 - No Audio Device is Installed

Thanks for this. It is still not solving my problem though. I couldn't find "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" in my device manager. Any suggestions?

borghenry, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

1. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus - Similar Threads - Audio Device High

2. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  3. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  4. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10: en los controladores no me aparecen los drivers de audio,sino que me aparecen como Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus,intente reinstalando los drivers,actualizando los drivers,formateando pc,y nada funcionoaclaro que solo me pasa a la hora de entrar en windows,porque...
  6. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10: en los controladores no me aparecen los drivers de audio,sino que me aparecen como Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus,intente reinstalando los drivers,actualizando los drivers,formateando pc,y nada funcionoaclaro que solo me pasa a la hora de entrar en windows,porque...
  7. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

8. Audio Device on High Definiton Audio Bus funkt net?

Audio Device on High Definiton Audio Bus funkt net?: Hello i did a windows update yesterday and since then i have no sound over jack my hdmi sound still works but i can't connect a headset and mic anymore then i tried to update the driver automatically under device manager then check but that (see picture) how do i solve that?...
  9. Problems using Realtek high def audio

Problems using Realtek high def audio: Hello, I'm having some troubles using the Realtek audio driver. So, basically, when I'm watching a video on YouTube (happens most of the time on yt, but I think on other services too), my sound can crash in the middle of it: it can make YouTube print an error but most of...
  10. Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...

Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...: I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to...