Windows 10: Audio devices disabled

Discus and support Audio devices disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both my input and output audio devices state they are "disabled". How can I enable them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1Bapper1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. 1Bapper1 Win User

Audio devices disabled

Both my input and output audio devices state they are "disabled". How can I enable them?

:)

1Bapper1, Apr 24, 2019

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Audio devices disabled

Disable audio device on ATI Radeon 4850 (Asus EAH4850)

Thanks for the suggestion! But sadly this doesn't work.

I already tried that and I still get the odd crash. I'm pretty sure it's because of the underlying IRQ conflict.

Back in the good old days you used to be able to disable VGA IRQs in the BIOS, no such setting any more.

If ATI/AMD just gave you the option to turn HDMI off the problem would go away *Frown Audio devices disabled :(

RebornOnline, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Audio devices disabled

1. Audio devices disabled - Similar Threads - Audio devices disabled

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  4. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to disable access of an app to audio device

How to disable access of an app to audio device: is there any way to prevent a certain app or game to access to audio device on windows 10? i am not talking about mute. maybe same like disabling access of microphone in privacy settings or changing parameters in registery....
  6. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

Disable mute propagation on another audio device: Hello,I have Windows 10 21H2, OS build 19044.1526.I observed on this build that when I had an audio device is muted and I connect a new one or switch to another device, the mute is propagated to the new one.It is possible to disable this feature?On previous version of Windows...
  7. Audio device is disabled in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Audio device is disabled in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]According to some users, the audio on their Windows 11/10 computer stopped working after a recent Windows Update. To solve that issue, they ran the Playing Audio troubleshooter but instead of fixing the problem, the troubleshooter displayed the error that the Audio...
  8. Audio device is disabled by the system

Audio device is disabled by the system: Here's the thing.First of all, I get a lot of BSODs related to somewhat incompatible RAM etc.My audio suddenly stopped working, I'm certain that if I restarted the PC the audio would normally return. Instead though, I attempted to run the sound problems troubleshooter. Upon...
  9. Constant need to disable-enable audio device.

Constant need to disable-enable audio device.: Almost on daily basis, my laptop stops recognizing my microphone arrange default microphones, no additional hardware added and my headset microphone. This is solved by accessing Device Manager and disabling and later enabling my RealtekR Audio device. Although this fixes...
  10. Disable AutoPlay when audio devices connected

Disable AutoPlay when audio devices connected: Every time I turn my headphones on my PC starts playing stuff. Most of the time, more than one thing starts playing. It's an unfortunate user experience. Oh by the way, it plays out of the speakers, not even the headphones I just turned on........ Would absolutely love if...