Windows 10: audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

Discus and support audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so my hdmi out wasnt working and i found one of these device options had a warning like symbol so i just disabled it and re-enabled it and that fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillB804, Sep 4, 2020.

1. WillB804 Win User

2. not showing hdmi audio playback option

Hello Brahmanandarath,

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps. First check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

• Click Start and select Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click HDMI Output
      and select Default Device.
    • Now the audio must be playing on HDMI.
    Also try updating the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Click on the link below for more information on updating the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

You may also unplug and plug in back the HDMI output and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Jrolandb Win User
    No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

The above step did not work for me. The windows audio troubleshooting tool did not fix anything.

Hi, I have the same issue. I have a Toshiba P75-A7200 laptop, I think a recent update to windows 10 removed it, because it wont even show in my available playback device list. My intel drivers are installed
    and my audio drivers as well, but HDMI audio wont show up. I have tried this on other TVs with different HDMI cables with no luck.

Jrolandb, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

Hi Charles,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these question to understand the issue better.

Are you able to get Video output when you connect HDMI cable or the issue is specific to Audio?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows and BIOS, Chipset and HDMI updates in your computer and check. Also provide screen shot of Device manager by connecting HDMI cable.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

1. audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi... - Similar Threads - audio devices specifically

2. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  3. Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices: I have no audio at all. I thought it was the amd driver but it is not. I am up to date on both windows 10 and amd and after I did the latest windows 10 I have no hdmi or display port showing on my audio devices....
  4. No HDMI Option in Play Back Devices

No HDMI Option in Play Back Devices: Hello, When I hook up my HDMI from my MSI laptop to my Samsung monitor I lose sound. When I go into Playback Devices there is no HDMI option. I've made sure all updates are downloaded, updated drivers, and restarted and i still can't get the HDMI option to appear in my...
  5. Auto-disable HDMI audio when device is off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-disable HDMI audio when device is off?: I have my TV connected to my PC to watch movies and occasionally play games. When TV is connected, I do want the audio to go through its speakers (they're pretty good, and the TV is positioned to the side, so that PC speakers would be awkward to use, since the sound direction...
  6. No hdmi audio device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No hdmi audio device in device manager: Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in. Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden devices) Looked in device manager under sound, video and game controllers (show hidden) and again there's no hdmi audio device....
  7. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....
  8. HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video: So recently I tried to connect my Acer Aspire V 15 laptop into a screen using HDMI. The video worked, but the audio did not play through the tv speakers. I tried... different screen Different HDMI cable Restarting Reinstalling Audio/Video Drivers Updating video/audio...
  9. HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

HDMI Audio playback device not recognised: Hi everyone The issue i have is that when i connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI i cannot get any audio, the video works like it should. It constantly says "not plugged in" and is greyed out in playback devices. The issue is only when running windows 10, when i boot into...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...