Windows 10: Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh.

Discus and support Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HideHistory is a scammers delight. I deleted all the addresses that began with H from the onset of the problem. I was left with one address I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anitaklein, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh.

HideHistory is a scammers delight. I deleted all the addresses that began with H from the onset of the problem. I was left with one address I couldn't delete: Hnewswire.. Then I was told to delete anything I had downloaded from the time I started with historyhide. I looked at dates and decided to delete any item from the date of the problem. I saw 6 items with those dates and I uninstalled all of them. Bad Idea. Apparently I deleted the audio drivers and devices. I thought there would be a short list of deleted items and all I would have to do was reinstall once I had dumped all items associated with the Historyhide webpage. I was told the historyhide was a Trojan Horse with all matter of garbage associated with it.

Now, I don't have sound and I don't have the drivers. I don't know where to begin. Now I am fearful of information I don't pay at the store. Help. Please. Where do I begin? I would go out for tech help or bring someone in, but I am elderly and we still have the "virus." Please don't laugh. I usually figure things out, but this pandemic has been stressful. I like figuring things out, but I am stumped.

:)

anitaklein, Jul 19, 2020

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh.

Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh.

1. Audio devices uninstalled.. no sound..no luck. Please don't laugh. - Similar Threads - Audio devices uninstalled

2. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  3. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  4. Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device

Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device: I Can't Play My Music In Windows 10 Music Player. What Gives? Will You Please Help Me Fix This Problem? I Certainly Appreciate It. The Novice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-no-sound-on-pc-audio-device/dbec76cb-bffa-4ac5-bda4-62c6fb297218
  5. Multiple sound devices no longer work (Reinstalled windows, no luck)

Multiple sound devices no longer work (Reinstalled windows, no luck): A couple of days ago, all my audio outputs stopped working. I have monitor speakers, an Aune X8 DAC, and a Marantz NR1510 AV Receiver. I tried deleting my audio drivers, didn't work. Reinstalled Windows 10, installed updates, still doesn't work. I tried plugging in some...
  6. Please Don't Laugh at This Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Please Don't Laugh at This Question: I have a new computer coming and I want to make a full backup of my files on a USB in case they get accidentally deleted or by some other unforeseen issue. It did google it, but some tell me you have to convert the particular USB to another format other than default. Someone...
  7. This Is Good For A Laugh!

in Windows 10 Support
    This Is Good For A Laugh!: I was looking around for a solution to a grayed out power option in system icons and found a link to MajorGeeks, so I clicked on it, Knowing that MajorGeeks is a trusted site, and BAM!! I got this! I actually laughed out loud! Thought it was funny as hell. I fell for folks...
  8. uninstalled and reinstalled audio drive still no luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalled and reinstalled audio drive still no luck: No sound after windows update. uninstalled and reinstalled audio a drive but still no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-and-reinstalled-audio-drive-still-no/c4f87ed8-b2b1-433c-823a-ae8424deb7dd
  9. No sound/ audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound/ audio device: I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10...
  10. microsoft audio device please

microsoft audio device please: I reinstalled windows 10 yesterday and now I have no audio devices - how do I install a Microsoft audio device please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-audio-device-please/500398e5-7a5d-40aa-92cc-f378b604fa6c