Windows 10: Audio Difficulties on new laptop

Discus and support Audio Difficulties on new laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I am experiencing some strange issues with my microphone on my new laptop. When I plug in my headphones to the audio jack the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CeeBeeDubs94, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Audio Difficulties on new laptop

Hi there,

I am experiencing some strange issues with my microphone on my new laptop. When I plug in my headphones to the audio jack the microphone becomes unable to detect any audio input however if I unplug the headphones again the audio can be registered.

Secondly when I plug my headphones in it does not show up as a second audio device within the sound settings but instead becomes a part of the audio device for the laptop speakers, unlike my previous computer. The image below shows the sound settings with my headphones plugged in. The audio does come out of the headphones okay however.

When I listen to the microphone when my headphones are plugged in I get white noise however without my headphones plugged in I can hear the audio input for my microphone.

Please help as I am out of ideas!

Audio Difficulties on new laptop b2ea72e3-f402-4afc-a9fe-3de65c978db6?upload=true.jpg

Audio Difficulties on new laptop 65780614-0a3d-470a-9f54-adb1da66ba05?upload=true.jpg

:)

CeeBeeDubs94, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 25, 2020
  3. email difficulties on new laptop

I purchased a new HP laptop and cannot get my Yahoo email on it. any suggestions?

ManiacalTooth41, Jul 25, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Audio Difficulties on new laptop

n-ster, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Audio Difficulties on new laptop

1. Audio Difficulties on new laptop - Similar Threads - Audio Difficulties laptop

2. Difficulty turning on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difficulty turning on my Laptop: Hello my name is Mike, I was using my laptop then got distracted for a short while when i came back to my laptop i found it in sleep mode and assumed that i turned it off so i went to bed not knowing that i never turned it off. So in the morning when i woke up i decided to...
  3. Difficulty turning on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty turning on my Laptop: Hello my name is Mike, I was using my laptop then got distracted for a short while when i came back to my laptop i found it in sleep mode and assumed that i turned it off so i went to bed not knowing that i never turned it off. So in the morning when i woke up i decided to...
  4. Difficulty turning on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Difficulties with the new photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulties with the new photo app: I have a real problem with the new Photos app. When I go to choose which folder, I want my photos to be transferred to, I get a limited selection of the folders. And when I start a new folder, I don't get that option ,I don't see the new folder in the options. Why is it so...
  6. Difficulties with the new photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulties with the new photo app: I have a real problem with the new Photos app. When I go to choose which folder, I want my photos to be transferred to, I get a limited selection of the folders. And when I start a new folder, I don't get that option ,I don't see the new folder in the options. Why is it so...
  7. Difficulties installing a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difficulties installing a new SSD: I recently bought a new 240GB SSD to replace an ailing hard drive. I've created an image of the old drive. I cannot get the computer a Dell laptop running Windows 10 to recognize the new drive. It does not appear in File Explorer, but does show up in Device Manager/Disk...
  8. Technical Difficulties Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical Difficulties Audio: It happened a few days back. The problem should be somewhat common according to the number of people trying to fix the problem. I also read in an article that the audio problems might have been caused by an update. Its 2020 though, could it really be because of the update?...
  9. Difficulty changing to a new email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty changing to a new email address: I have a new email address and want to change my old Microsoft email address. I understand I have to create a new alias, then delete my old email address and then make the new alias the primary one. The screen headed ''ADD AN ALIAS'' gives 2 options. Create a new email...
  10. Great difficulty in setting up 365 business on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Great difficulty in setting up 365 business on a new laptop: Hi I am getting all sorts of error messages including `The latest feature update to Windows is ready to install! It's been waiting for you to kick it off. These improvements help Windows run smoothly and securely. Select this option to kick it off:- How do I kick it off?...