Windows 10: Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EugeneKeane, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018.

I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours actually in all) once the latest update to Windows 10 is enabled .....no audio. The audio levels are moving but no output to headphones or speakers. All hardware checks out perfectly, all drivers seem to be in order but Win 10 update kills the audio outputs. Everything is 100% updated, Bios etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

EugeneKeane, Nov 13, 2018
  2. byu1 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I originally followed the step on page 37. I used modified 2.75 dll and DTS/dolby shown in audio properties and working fine. After update to windows 10 build 15063. Realtek manager disappeared from system tray and DTS disappeared from audio properties, so I repeat the steps on pages 37.

DTS is back in the audio properties, but when try to enable it, it says 'format not supported by this device.

how to fix this?

3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

1. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio disappeared latest

2. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  3. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  4. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10: When I powered up just now at 6.56am, there was a security alert email from Microsoft. I've subscribed to receive them. Here's an extract from the start of it. It was much longer than this."Title: Microsoft Security Update Revisions Issued: July 28, 2021. Summary: The...
  6. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update: Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar....
  7. after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared: PROBLEM: all of my audio devices, all well detected and present in device manager, disappeared from sound devices. I have no sound. I can't even use my microphone winver: [ATTACH] it happened after restarting for completing what it looked like an harmless .NET framework...
  8. Crackle Audio Windows 10 after latest update

Crackle Audio Windows 10 after latest update: Can you go back and undo what caused the update to cause this. maybe go back to the driver used beforehand, i have an RCA Cambio 10.1 and im not admin i cant change drivers only option is details, PLEASE and make it a short update pls ;)...
  9. Audio Issue After the Latest Update

Audio Issue After the Latest Update: I just updated my PC about an hour ago, after the update I got some issue on my audio. I tried all the basic troubleshooting that I found here and on google but none of them resolve the issue. I swear, I regret updating my PC. Hays. :(...
  10. No audio after latest Windows 10 update

No audio after latest Windows 10 update: Hi, Struggling to get audio working after I updated to latest version of Windows 10. Audio driver seems to have disappeared and have tried searching to update to latest driver, but it says the best driver is already installed. Tried reinstalling graphics driver but no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio disappeared in latest windows 10 update