Windows 10: Audio disappeared

Discus and support Audio disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio disappeared after last week's windows 10 update. How can I get it back? Tried several suggestions but none worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jo46, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Jo46 Win User

Audio disappeared

The audio disappeared after last week's windows 10 update. How can I get it back? Tried several suggestions but none worked.

:)

Jo46, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 1, 2019
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I originally followed the step on page 37. I used modified 2.75 dll and DTS/dolby shown in audio properties and working fine. After update to windows 10 build 15063. Realtek manager disappeared from system tray and DTS disappeared from audio properties, so I repeat the steps on pages 37.

DTS is back in the audio properties, but when try to enable it, it says 'format not supported by this device.

how to fix this?

byu1, Feb 1, 2019
  4. redant17 Win User

Audio disappeared

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Audio disappeared

1. Audio disappeared - Similar Threads - Audio disappeared

2. All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in: I just purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and I've been encountering this problem with the audio. I use a Logitech C920 webcam, and I have it plugged into a USB Switch and it's functioned fine with previous laptops where I've had this setup. With Windows 11,...
  3. All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in: I just purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and I've been encountering this problem with the audio. I use a Logitech C920 webcam, and I have it plugged into a USB Switch and it's functioned fine with previous laptops where I've had this setup. With Windows 11,...
  4. Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly: Hey.I own a Windows 11 Pro license, and for some reason, about 2 months after the windows 11 update I got an audio driver issue.Every device that I plug in my PC just starts appearing and disappearing, regardless of what type is it headphones, audio interface, etc.. or what...
  5. Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly

Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly: Hey.I own a Windows 11 Pro license, and for some reason, about 2 months after the windows 11 update I got an audio driver issue.Every device that I plug in my PC just starts appearing and disappearing, regardless of what type is it headphones, audio interface, etc.. or what...
  6. Bluetooth headphone disappeared in the audio devices setting in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone disappeared in the audio devices setting in Windows 11: Hello,I saw this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphone-disappeared-in-the-audio/00a8ce51-2dd2-468a-a5c9-fd955c412428The same thing appened to me on my Jabra elite 85h. But this one works from 4 - 5 month. last week, the bluetooth works...
  7. Bluetooth headphone disappeared in the audio devices setting in Windows 11

Bluetooth headphone disappeared in the audio devices setting in Windows 11: Hello,I saw this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphone-disappeared-in-the-audio/00a8ce51-2dd2-468a-a5c9-fd955c412428The same thing appened to me on my Jabra elite 85h. But this one works from 4 - 5 month. last week, the bluetooth works...
  8. My Audio device keeps on disappearing and reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio device keeps on disappearing and reappearing: Hello, My computer has an issue whenever I leave it off for a day and open it the audio device is missing and can't play any audio and the only thing that seems to revert that issue is to restart the computer, this issue started in November and it seems to always come back,...
  9. My Audio device keeps on disappearing and reappearing

My Audio device keeps on disappearing and reappearing: Hello, My computer has an issue whenever I leave it off for a day and open it the audio device is missing and can't play any audio and the only thing that seems to revert that issue is to restart the computer, this issue started in November and it seems to always come back,...
  10. Audio Disappearance & Booting problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Disappearance & Booting problems: I recently got a new motherboard + CPU ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E and an i9-13900K due to issues with my old ones.I've had the following issues with my new products for a few weeks, but since they would only occasionally happen and I was too busy with other things to dedicate time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motherboard audio driver disappeared windows 10