Windows 10: Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype

Discus and support Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to share a video file with clients and our test within the department has found that while you can share videos, nobody can hear the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMay_CDT, Mar 18, 2020.

1. AMay_CDT Win User

Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype

I am trying to share a video file with clients and our test within the department has found that while you can share videos, nobody can hear the audio associated with the videos. I have tried putting the files into PP, and then compressing the files, and also this option: Turn hardware acceleration on. To do this in PowerPoint, go to File > Options > Advanced, and then under Display, make sure the Disable hardware graphics acceleration checkbox is clear.

I have tried sharing the Window, the Desktop, and just the file.

Nothing has worked.

Here is the message I get: Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype 97e01ebb-e06c-4579-a14d-16d3e8a7d144?upload=true.jpg

:)

AMay_CDT, Mar 18, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Audio And Videos files are not playing, not even youtube or any **** videos.

Hi Tista,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your audio and video files can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, driver issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps that you've taken besides running the audio troubleshooter? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype

My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype

1. Audio does not Play with Video Files in Skype - Similar Threads - Audio does Play

2. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  3. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  4. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can’t play audio or video files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t play audio or video files: For the last 3 days I haven’t been able to play audio files or videos on my windows 10 PC. Youtube takes minutes to load a single video, spotify won’t play songs and when I try to play a downloaded video/audio file nothing happens at all. What so weird about it is that I can...
  6. WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files

WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files: Hello all, Tried searching but couldn't find similar posts. WMP in Windows 10 will play audio but no video for all WMV files. It just started 1-2 weeks ago. I actually did a clean install and downloaded some codec packages to no avail. Anyone have similar issue or know a...
  7. Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10: Video and audio file are not playing in Windows 10 I have tried every possible video and audio player the file working for 30 to 40 sec and stops. I am able to online video without any issue and play high end game but these two video and audio files are not playing. Please...
  8. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...
  9. Skype video lags behind audio

Skype video lags behind audio: Recently (in the past couple of weeks), Skype's video has started lagging behind the audio. Sometimes, it will initially be fine, but then a lag will accumulate of up to 3-5(!) seconds. Other times, the offset is there from the beginning. For a while, it was happening with...
  10. audio won't play from audio or video files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio won't play from audio or video files: This was working. I could play any video or audio file using VLC, Windows Media Player, whatever. Audio plays from the web on Chrome or Firefox then the files stopped playing audio. MP3 files or any video file-MP4 AVI MOV, etc. I updated my video card from a GTX 560 to a GTX...