Windows 10: Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

Discus and support Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NDxDirectorsCut, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC again, i didnt plug in the LAN cable as i was just checking if it booted another person's home, The router was in a way different place, didn't want to bother moving things in their house just for that and that's when Windows decided it was the perfect time to update, without any internet, and it didnt show the fact it needed to update before i packed it up originally. Obviously the Update failed, and my Windows booted, everything is working fin

:)

NDxDirectorsCut, Jun 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 audio driver

If updating the driver didn't work, kindly follow the steps on how to uninstallyour audio driver:

• Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driverand select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Keep us updated.

Robelene Win, Jun 30, 2021
  3. susaninva Win User
    Windows 10 audio driver

I did that!!!

. still not working!!!

susaninva, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

1. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers - Similar Threads - Audio does reinstalling

2. Bluetooth driver not working even after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver not working even after reinstallation: I was playing on my computer when all of a sudden the audio on my bluetooth headphones started acting strange. I decided to restart my computer. When I logged in again, the bluetooth icon was missing from the taskbar, and a yellow error icon had appeared on the driver in...
  3. Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows: Hello everybody. For the last couple of months I have a issue with my sound driver. After turning on my pc when I plug in my headphones my pc doesn't register them and it keeps playing the sound trough the speakers. I have to go into drive manager and manually reinstall...
  4. Screen shutters even after drivers reinstall

Screen shutters even after drivers reinstall: Hello! I don't know what happened, but lately, my screen started shuttering as if I were playing a demanding game with huge framerate drops. I reinstalled my display driver, reinstalled my windows update, reinstalled DirectX, and anything I could think of. It happens even...
  5. HID compliant mouse not working at all after uninstalling & reinstalling driver

HID compliant mouse not working at all after uninstalling & reinstalling driver: I was having problems with my wireless mouse, & followed advice from a Microsoft monitor to uninstall the HID compliant mouse drivers. Now the mouse will not work at all. Suggestions?...
  6. No mouse even after troubleshooting and driver reinstalls

No mouse even after troubleshooting and driver reinstalls: Today I booted up my computer and my mouse wasn’t appearing on the screen so I tried the fn+f8,f9,f11... thing to re-enable the mouse and it didn’t work. After that I tried 2 other mouses, restarting, rolling back windows updates (which it didn’t let me do), and I...
  7. Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling?

Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling?: Hello! As the title states, one day after starting up my PC suddenly my audio stopped working. I usually have a headset plugged into the front aux and mic port but they weren't showing up in the audio input/output though maybe I should note that if I use my screen's aux port...
  8. Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall

Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall: Hello I have tried every fix I know for this. My audio is in the green slot, I have tried Downloading drivers from my devices manufacturer, I have tried using windows drivers. None of these have worked. I have even tried going through my BIOS to see if there was a problem...
  9. Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?: I have been facing an issue with the Network adapter. The one I'm having is Intel dual band wireless adapter 3160. It's getting disabled by itself and I need to restart my system to get it back on and sometimes even restarting the system doesn't help. I have installed the...
  10. All sound services gone, even after after reinstall

All sound services gone, even after after reinstall: All my sound services have vanished,: playing, recording, system sounds, sppeech and Cortana audio. Groove reports the error 0xc00d36fa. Via Chat Microsoft technicians uninstalled / reinstalled drivers. and tried other things but finally advised a fresh reinstall which...