Windows 10: Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Discus and support Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Throwaway1234567, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play through the Laptop after plugging in the headphones. The Laptop is recognizing the headphones, because I can right click the sound icon in the tray and select "Headphones", and the audio then switches. And vice versa.

I've already tried uninstalling and updating the audio driver Realtek High Definition Audio, running the audio troubleshooter, and disabling the driver and re-enabling, none of which have solved the issue.

:)

Throwaway1234567, Aug 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 not switching between headphones and speakers

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I'm having an issue with my audio. When I used Windows 7, plugging in my headphones to the 3.5mm audio jack on my laptop would automatically switch the audio from my speakers to the headphones. Now,
    using Windows 10, I have to manually open the audio settings and switch the default output from my speakers to my headphones whenever I want to use them. What's changed? Is there a way to get Windows 10 to automatically switch audio output when I plug in my
    headphones?

TheMopkins, Aug 12, 2020
  3. GarySt Win User
    Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

My drivers for headphones/speakers seem up to date. (Device manager). Help!!! *Sad

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output [​IMG]

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output [​IMG]

GarySt, Aug 12, 2020
  4. GarySt Win User

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to sneak-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version.

As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are:
    - When I plug in and out the headset the playback device doesn't switch automatically between speakers and headphones. I need to switch it manually every time.
    Help!

-----

GarySt, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

1. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't automatically

2. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  3. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  4. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  5. Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap: Got my self a new computer case yesterday and plugged in my old components and everything went fine. But now when im switching between my speakers and headphones the audio stays on just my headphones until i open a new program then it plays on my speakers and vice versa....
  6. Switching between audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...
  7. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...
  8. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones: This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the...
  9. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425
  10. Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones: On my HP Elite 7300 MT with upgraded graphics to a GTX 560TI, I'm running into a pretty specific problem. I have my audio setup connected to my computer via the back green jack port, but as my system is quite aged (home cinema receiver from the 80's) it takes quite some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically switch from speakers to headphones windows 10